10 Reasons You Keep Attracting Fuckboys Instead of Quality Guys

Step 1. Stop Snapchatting the guy who constantly leaves you on read.

Step 2. Realize that the guy who kindly, but unconsciously messages you, "Good morning, baby," every day has no genuine feelings for you.

Step 3. Take a deep breath in, stop blaming yourself, and start believing in your badass self.

Sometimes they seem like the perfect guy, the sweetest of them all, but then with a blink of an eye, his playboy character reveals himself. Fuckboys are all over the place. Heck! There are so many different of types of guys who intentionally or unintentionally behave like assholes and suffer from the fuckboy syndrome. They are just people, after all–with their own personal challenges and mishaps. Yet, that doesn't mean you should be giving them all your focus. Guys like that need their space to mature. Don't let their bad mojo rub off on you. You're putting too much attention on these guys who aren't ready for anything real and ignoring the dudes who want to solely pay attention to and adore you. It's time to clear the bad energy, heal your broken, bruised, beaten heart, and get to the bottom of the reasons why you're letting men hurt you.

You are not desperate. You are not stupid. You are not doomed.

Be patient with meeting new men

Don't jump on the first guy who winks at you, calls you beautiful, or asks for your number. Don't get swept off your feet by someone who doesn't deserve to catch you.

Not focusing on yourself

Being single can be scary, lonely, and uncomfortable. But, isn't there a saying that along the lines of, you find yourself within the uncomfortable. Or being comfortable with the uncomfortable is where you learn the most about yourself. I don't know, but there is merit behind it. Subscribe to Singles Swag, spend time with yourself and The Bachelor, and splurge on that finest French rosé you've been eyeing (or whatever it is that your heart desires). You don't need a fuckboy to senselessly spend money on you in the hopes of getting into your pants or tricking you into taking care of him, your first and foremost priority is you.

Would you let your friends date him?

You're not treating yourself the same way you treat your friends. Become your best friend and start talking to yourself the same way you encourage your bestie.

Your expectations have dropped too low

Drop it like it's hot, but not your standards! Keep those suckers high. In today's day and age, men are applauded for walking their dog, holding the door for others, and washing the dishes. Stop praising men for doing casual, nice things that everyone, man or woman, should be doing.

You're a fuckgirl

You read that correctly, you're a fuckgirl. Those exist. You're texting your group chat that men are messing with you, but, at the same time, you are playing games. That's not fair. Be real with guys and they will be authentic back. Forget the whole, "I wait five minutes to reply back because he waited for two" scheme because if he is entertaining himself with that trick, he isn't worth your time.

SEE ALSO: 10 Signs That Point To The Fact She's Definitely A Fuckgirl

The good old changing game

You can't change anyone until they change themselves. Walk away from the fella who keeps hurting you, but pleads that he'll change. Walk away from the guy you've been endlessly trying to charm. Walk away from the joe who is still preoccupied with their ex to center his attention on you. Find a project you don't have to fix.

You're not ready for commitment

That's okay! There is still time to enjoy the single life and keep commitment at an arm's length. It's time to come to terms with it, though. Don't waste your time on complaining about the men you keep meeting and just enjoy having fun, adventurous encounters with guys as you learn more about yourself before settling down.

Mistaking drama with attention

Drama queens generate drama but expect to be treated like princesses. There is nothing wrong with loving attention, but step back and observe the type of attention you are asking for. This has nothing to do with the clothes you wear, the drinks you drink, or any other bullshit that people blame women for. You aren't asking to be treated poorly, but sometimes you may be accepting disrespect because you live for the drama that follows. Girl, you deserve true compassion.

You're looking in the wrong places

In reality, there is no "right" or "wrong" place to meet someone. You can bump into your soulmate at the bar, swipe right on Tinder, or rear end them on your drive home. But, you have to have your eyes open! Look up from your phone and notice the cute cashier who won't stop staring at you. Shake those jitters off and start a conversation with the hot AF guitarist at your local cafe. Take a risk and slip your phone number to the witty waiter who has memorized your salad order.

You don't know what you deserve

A lack of self-esteem brings about so much garbage and, on the contrary, confidence truly solves so many problems. Respect yourself and the people around you will respect you.