Letters to Past Loves

Letters to all of my past loves.

To My First Love

I love you, but I will never forget how you hurt me so badly. Nothing has knocked me off my feet quite like you in the worst and most wonderful ways. My first love, worst love, but favorite love.

The memories are so vivid. Those were really some of the best and worst days of my life. I wake up some days still in love with you but a majority of the days I wake up in love with myself. I still have dreams about you, but there are also nightmares.

Letting you go was one of the best things I've ever done but also one of the hardest. You never stop loving someone, you just learn to live without them.

I look for you in every person. Somehow I have always chased the feeling of you but I could never chase you again. You're just a reminder of the love I hope to feel once more along with the pain I hope I never have to experience again.

To The Person Who Made Me Love Again

I love you, but things are complicated. I learned things a little too late and so did you. Timing was never on our side.

You taught me how to love again. You showed me what true love could be like. But, we have different ideas of what love means. We have different ideas of what life means. In fact, we have different ideas of what everything means.

You loved me when I didn't love myself. You loved me when I wasn't very lovable at all. I know now that everything happens for a reason. I'm glad I met someone like you, even if it was just for a lesson.

To My Best Friend

I love you, but I won't let myself hurt you.

You are my person in every single way. We have the same heart. I love you so much that I couldn't risk the possibility of losing you.

It was so hard for me to accept that, yes we are soulmates, but not in the way that either of us wanted to be. Right person, wrong time. Or maybe "wrong time" just means the wrong person.

I won't let myself make the same mistakes again. I want you to receive all the love you deserve and I know you wouldn't be getting that from me anytime soon. For all the times I've been burned, I refuse to burn you.