Big Brothers Big Sisters - Bowl for Kids’ Sake

Dedicated to providing children facing adversity with strong and enduring one-on-one relationships.

39
PIxabay

Big Brothers Big Sisters, also known as BBBS, is an organization dedicated to providing children with strong and enduring one-on-one relationships. The relationships established through BBBS last a lifetime and have a direct influence on the young children. As explained on the BBBS website, mentors hold themselves accountable for their impact on the children, stating:

“Accountability:

By partnering with parents/guardians, volunteers, and others in the community we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:

Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships

Avoidance of risky behaviors

Educational success”

On April 8, BBBS is hosting their annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake event, which is the organization’s signature fundraiser. Each year, half a million people come together to have fun and raise money for the organization that impacts children! Bowl For Kids’ Sake is the perfect way for students and organizations to make an impact in our local community.

Bowl for Kids’ Sake is taking place from 12-4 p.m. on April 8 at Colonial Lanes in New Castle, Pa. There are three bowling time slots available for participation that day. We are asking students and organization on Westminster College's campus to create or sponsor a team of 4-6 people and to raise $150.

The goal for the event this year is to get more involvement from Westminster College students, whether it is through sponsorship, donation, or attendance. By reaching out to the Westminster College community, BBBS is hoping more organizations and students will participate.

The money raised from the event will be donated to the BBBS program. They depend on donations to provide ongoing support for children, families and volunteers to build and maintain long-lasting relationships.

Participation, sponsorship, or a donation for the event will impact and support the one-on-one mentoring programs that take place throughout BBBS. Participation in Bowl For Kids’ Sake will provide participants with lunch, t-shirts, and official recognition.

This is an opportunity for Westminster College students and organizations to make a difference in the community and be publically recognized. Westminster College is built on a foundation of studying hard, expanding horizons, encouraging participation, and spiritual freedom. As students of this college, it is our responsibility to share our experiences and well-being. Participating, sponsoring, or donating to a team for the Bowl for Kids’ Sake event is a way to demonstrate our Westminster College characteristics and give back to our community.

“We encourage participation, sponsoring 20 varsity sports, 18 honor societies, and more than 80 clubs. We’re a place to call home to nearly 1,300 students each year. We’re more than you imagine.” – Westminster College Overview

Please consider donating your time and funds to this event that provides children with one-on-one relationships.