If You Were Born In The Late '90s You Will Remember These

If You Were Born In The Late '90s You Surely Will Remember These

Growing up in the 2000s involved tamagotchi's, a gamecube, and beanie babies.

82
Bridget Ells

Even babies born as late as 1999 (like me) feel fortunate enough to have grown up in a generation without excessive technology. Life was much simpler but we had some pretty awesome toys, movies, and games. If you grew up in a generation before all this technology, I hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane.

1. Gamecube video games

Growing up in the 2000s, kids would prefer competition in Mario Kart with others rather than playing Candy Crush on an iPad.

2. Silly Bandz

We have our parents to thank for giving in to our constant begging to buy us the newest shapes. Now you can get a pack for only $5 on Amazon! Who knows, maybe this trend will come back?

3. Webkinz

If you have extra time on your hands, check out the Webkinz website! A lot of stuff still remains the same and it's fun to reminisce.

4. Floam

The toy before the "satisfying posts" of slime phenomenon.

5. Board games

Operation, candy land, chutes and ladders, don't break the ice, the game of life, connect four: just to name a few.

6. Disney Channel and Nickelodeon TV shows

You can bet that every 90s baby daydreamed of drawing the Disney Channel mouse ears logo.

7. Beanie babies

You didn't grow up in the 2000s if you didn't own as least one beanie baby!

8. Lite-Brite

This was the messiest toy and your parents totally hated it! Lite-Brite would always end in losing the pegs, your dog eating them, or you having a fit because you didn't have your yellow peg to finish the picture.

9. Tech Decks

The fidget spinner of the 2000s.

10. Cootie catchers

This was the easiest and cheapest playground pastime. You felt like a powerful kid fortune teller.

11. Friendship bracelets

Back in the 2000s, making these was always the highlight of your slumber parties and these bracelets were how you claimed each other as BFF's.

12. Polly pockets

Polly Pockets was originally created in 1989 and brought back in 1998. So this toy was extremely popular around the time of 90s babies. They are a collector's item after being discontinued, but word on the street these dolls are coming back.

13. Mighty Beanz

If Might Beanz were a part of your childhood, you can remember collecting a ton of them and having racing competitions.

14. Furby

Looking back, these things were honestly super creepy looking!

15. Tamagotchis

Tamagotchis were every 90s kid's first responsibility. Hitting the market in 1996, these little digital pets flew off the shelves.

16. Blockbuster movies

Your exciting Friday nights consisted of going to rent a Blockbuster movie with your siblings and parents. In today's age, only one Blockbuster store remains in Oregon.

17. Boomboxes

I have vivid childhood memories of dancing to my Hannah Montana boombox CD in my room.

18. Road map rugs

I swear these were everywhere: your basement, your doctor, your dentist, your friend's house.

19. Plastic dollys in gym class

Any early 2000 baby can fend for these scooters being the BEST day of gym class!

20. Nerf guns

The kid version of Call of Duty.

21. Easy bake ovens

Too young to use a real oven? Meet the perfect child's toy to experiment with all your culinary desires!