Best Towns In Massachusetts To Live In

Best Towns In Massachusetts To Live In

972
Best Towns In Massachusetts To Live In

In light of the election results many Americans have been quickly googling ways to immigrate into Canada (so much so that their immigration site crashed). But let's be real: you shouldn't move to Canada, you should move to Massachusetts! Many legislation measures that Trump has threatened to overturn (Obamacare, same-sex marriage, abortion rights, access to reproductive care, etc.) will still be intact in Massachusetts, even if he manages to take these rights away. Not to mention, Massachusett just recently passed an election ballot measure that will legalize Marijuana. Do you need more convincing? Here's a list of Massachusetts towns that are you should relocate to - and best of all, none of these towns voted for Trump!

Acton, MA

Acton, located in Middlesex county, had a population of 21,929 at the 2010 census. They have a good public school system, low crime rates, low unemployed rates (2.5%), and their residents have a high income rate. Acton is about 25 miles away from Boston using Route 2.Acton has a total of over 1,650 acres of town-owned conservation lands, and many playing fields and playgrounds. Acton also has two public libraries, three museums, and many theaters. Acton was named the 11th Best Place To Live among small towns in the country by Money Magazine in 2015, and the 16th best in 2009 and in 2011.

Amherst, MA

Amherst had a population of 37,819at the 2010 census. Amherst is the largest community in Hampshire county. They have a good public school system and higher education system, low crime rates, and low unemployment rates (3.2%). It is located about 18 miles from Springfield and 90 miles from Boston. Amherst has museums, libraries, theaters, and a public transportation system.

Andover, MA

Andover had a population of 33,201at the 2010 census. They are located in Essex county, and about 20 miles away from Boston.They have a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.8%), a good public education system, and the residents have a high income rate. Andover is home to the second oldest land preservation society in the country, the Andover Village Improvement Society (AVIS), which controls over 1,100 acres. It is also home to Phillips Academy, a prep school founded in 1778, which has an Art Gallery and Inn.

Arlington, MA

Arlington is located in Middlesex county, and is approximately 8 miles away from Boston. Arlington had a population of 42,844at the 2010 census.The town has a low crime rate, and low unemployment (2.4%), along with a good public school system. Arlington is home to many parks, museums, and historical sites.

Ashland, MA

Ashland had a population of 16,593at the 2010 census. Ashland is a part of Middlesex county, and is approximately 30 miles from Boston. Ashland has a good public education system, low crime rates, the residents have high income rates, and they have low unemployment rates (2.3%). Ashland is home to many state parks, along with the Sri Lakshmi Temple, and Stone's Public House.

Bedford, MA

Bedford had a population of 13,320 at the 2010 census. Bedford is about 20 miles away from Boston, and is within Middlesex county. On top of having a good public education system they also have a good community college. They have a low crime rate and unemployment rate (2.9%), and residents have a high incomerate. Bedford has many historical sites, like the Bedford flag, Two Brothers Rocks, Great Meadows National Wildlife Refugee, and Job Lane House.

Belchertown, MA

Belchertown had a population of 14,649at the 2010 census. The town has a good public education system, a low crime rate, and a 2.8% unemployment rate.Belchertown is located in Hampshire county and is 20 miles away from Springfield, and 80 miles from Boston. Belchertown has a the Borad Brook Canal, Lake Metacomet, Lake Arcadia, Swift River,Skettersville Pond and Quabbin Resrvoir. Along with a few hiking trails and museums, parks, and a town fair.

Belmont, MA

Belmont had a population of 24,729at the 2010 census. Belmont is approximately 10 miles from Boston, and is a part of Middlesex county. Belmont has a low crime rate, a 2.5% unemployment rate, a high income rate, and a good public school system. Belmont has an MBTA Commuter Rail, and Wellington Hill Railroad Station. It also has the Boston Massachusetts Temple of LDS Church, and the Edwin O. Reischauer Memorial House.

Beverly, MA

Beverly is a city in Essex County, and is about 25 miles away from Boston. The population was 39,502 at the 2010 census.Beverly has a good public education and a good higher education system. The town has low crime and unemployment (2.9%) rates, and has an affordable cost of living.The town is home to The Cabot Street Cinema Theatre, The North Shore Music Theatre, Hurd Stadium, the Odd Fellows' Hall, Monstserrat College of Art, and other historic sites .

Bolton, MA

Bolton is a town in Worcester County, and had a population of 4,897 at the 2010 census. Bolton is located 20 miles from Worcester and 40 miles from Boston. Bolton has a good public education system, a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 2.4%, and residents have a high incomerate.

Boston, MA

Boston is the capital and largest city of Massachusetts, and is located in Suffolk county. There are many colleges and universities and community colleges, along with a good public education system. Boston has a low unemployment rate of 3.2%, and residents have a high incomerate. Boston Commons is the oldest public park in the United States. Boston also has the Boston Public Gardens, and Emerald Necklace, a string of parks designed by Frederick Law Olmsted to encircle the city, which includes ponds and zoos.

Boxborough, MA

Boxborough, located in Middlesex county, had a population of 4,996 at the 2010 census. Boxborough is about 30 miles from Boston. Boxborough has a good public education system, low crime rate and unemployment (2.7%) rate, and residents have a high income rate. Boxborough is home to the Boxborough museum and Steele Farm, along with many historical landmarks, conservation areas, and playing fields. Boxborough also has an Annual Harvest Fest in September.

Braintree, MA

Braintree is a suburban New England city in Norfolk County, with a population of 35,744 at the 2010 census.Braintree is approximately 15 miles from Boston. Braintree has agood public education system, low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 3.3%, and the town has high rates of home ownership. Braintree has many parks and lakes.

Brookline, MA

Brooklineis a town in Norfolk County, and at the 2010 census, the population of the town was 58,732. Brookline is approximately 5 miles from Boston. The town has a good public education system and higher education system. The town also has a high appreciation rate, high income rates, and a low unemployment rate of 1.9%. Brookline is home to many historic landmarks, parks, theaters, a country club, and Coolidge Corner.

Burlington, MA

Burlington is about 15 miles from Boston, and is located in Middlesex county. The population was 24,498 at the 2010 census.Burlington has agod public education system, a low crime rate, a 2.7% unemployment rate, high rates of home ownership, and residents have high incomerates. Burlington has a public library, parks, theaters, museums, and forests and conservation areas.

Cambridge, MA

Cambridge is located in Middlesex county and is approximately 5 miles from Boston. The population was 105,162at the 2010 census. Cambridge has a good public and higher education system, Cambridge also has a low unemployment rate of 2.2%. Cambridge unfortunately lacks public parkland, but this is compensated by the presence of easily accessible open space on the university campuses, like: Harvard Yard, the Radcliffe Yard, and MIT's Great Lawn. Cambridge also has many museums and public art.

Canton, MA

Canton is a town in Norfolk County, with a population of 21,561 at the 2010 census.It is approximately 20 miles from Boston. It has a good public education system, a low crime rate, a 3.1% unemployment rate, and residents have high income rates. Canton has historical landmarks, and museums.

Carlisle, MA

Carlisle is a town located in Middlesex County, and is approximately 25 miles from Boston. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the population of the town was 4,852. Carlisle has a good public education system, a low unemployment rate or 2.8%, residents have a high income rate, and it's one of the most expensive towns in Massachusetts. Carlisle has many cultural organizations, public libraries, and has Carlisle Old Home Day during 4th of July Weekend.

Chelmsford, MA

Chelmsford is a town in Middlesex County, with a population of 33,802 in the 2010 census. It's located about 5 miles from Lowell, and 30 miles from Boston.Chelmsford has alow crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.9%), and residents have high income rates. The town also has an affordable cost of living, and a goodpublic education system. Chelmsfofrd also has many historical sites.

Cohasset, MA

Cohasset, located in Norfolk County, had a population of 7,542 in the 2010 census. It's located approximately 30 miles outside of Boston. It has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.5%), and a good public education system. Residents have a high income rate and the town has one of the the highest cost of living. The town is is located on the edge of the South Shore, where greater Boston Harbor ends and Massachusetts Bay begins.

Concord, MA

Concord is a town in Middlesex County, located 20 miles outside of Boston. At the 2010 census, the town population was 17,668. Along with having a good public education system, they have a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 2.7%, and residents have high income rates. Concord has a public library and museum, parks, rivers, ponds, historical landmarks.

Dedham, MA

Dedham, located in Norfolk County, had a population of 24,729 at the 2010 census. It's located approximately 20 miles outside of Boston. Dedham has a low crime rate, a low 2.9% unemployment rate, and a good public education system. The town has an affordable cost of living and high rates of home ownership. Dedham has many community organizations, muesums, a puvblic library, parks, and historical sites.

Dover, MA

Dover is a town in Norfolk County, located about 25 miles outside of Boston. The population was 5,589 at the 2010 census.Dover has a low crime rate, a good public education system, a low unemployment rate of 2.4%. Residents have high income rates and has one of the most expensive costs of living. Dover has the Benjamin Caryl House, and the Elm Bank Horticulture Center.

Framingham, MA

Framingham, located about 25 miles outside of Boston, is in Middlesex County. The population was 68,318 as of theUnited States 2010 Census. Framingham has a good puvlic education system and higher education system. It also has a low unemployment rate of 2.6%. Framingham has many theaters and museums, and parks and conservation areas. It also has a garden in the woods, a country club, a public golf course, and other recreational attractions. Framingham was placed at # 36 on 'Best Places to Live in US' by CNN Money magazine in 2012.

Franklin, MA

Franklin is a city in Norfolk County, with a population of 33,092 as of 2012. Franklin is 35 miles away from Worcester and 45 miles from Boston. Franklin hasa good public education system, a good higher education system, and a good community college.The city has a low crime rate and a low 2.9% unemployment rate. The residents have high rates of home ownership and high rates of income. Franklin is home to the country's first library, with its first books donated by Benjamin Franklin.Franklin is the home of the Franklin Common Historic District includes 74 historically contributing buildings, along with otherhistoric sites. Franklin has many fields and parks and, along with restuarants and bars.

Grafton, MA

Grafton is located in Worcester County, with a population of 14, 268 as of 2014. The town is located approximately 10 miles outside of Worcester, and 45 miles outside of Boston. The town has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 2.9%, and a good public education system. Grafton is the home of a Nipmuc village known as Hassanamisco Reservation, the Willard House and Clock Museum, Community Harvest Project, and the Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.

Groton, MA

Groton is a town in Middlesex County, located 20 miles away from Lowell and 45 miles away from Boston. Groton had a population of 10,873 at the 2012 town census. Groton has a good public education system, low crime rate, a low 2.5% unemployment rate, and residents have high income rates. It is home to two prep schools: Groton School and Lawrence Academy at Groton. Groton is home to a public library, museums, The Old Groton Inn and Gibbet Hill Castle.

Hadley, MA

Hadley is a town in Hampshire County with a population of 5,250 at the 2010 census. It is located 25 miles outside of Springfield, and 100 miles from Boston. Hadley is near the Hampshire Mall and Mountain Farms Mall. Hadley has a good public education system and a good higher education system. The town also has a low unemployment rate of 2.2%. Hadley has a museums, a town common, stadiums, parks, and farms.

Harvard, MA

Harvard is a town in Worcester County. The population was 6,520 at the 2010 census. The town is located 40 miles outside of Boston. It is an affluent residential town with excellent public schools. Its students consistently rank in the state's top ten test results in English and math. Along with a good public education system, they have a low crime rate, a low (2.6%) unemployment rate, and residents have high income rates.

Hingham, MA

Hingham is a town in northern Plymouth County. At the 2010 census, the population was 22,157. Hingham is 20 miles outside of Boston. Hingham is known for its colonial history and location on Boston Harbor. It also has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.8%), and residents have a high income rate. Hingham has a good public education system, and many schools to choose from. Hingham is also home to five private schools. Public transportation is currently served by the commuter boat ferry service from the Hingham Shipyard to Rowes Wharf in downtown Boston, the MBTA's Bus route, and the MBTA Commuter Rail to Boston South Station.

Holliston, MA

Holliston is a town in Middlesex County, located 35 miles away from Worcester and Boston. The population was 13,547 at the 2010 census. Holliston has a low crime rate, a low 2.8% unemployment rate, and a good public education system. The residents also have high income rates. Holliston has many farms, historical sites, museums, parks, playing fields, golf courses, hiking trails and many other recreational areas.

Hopkinton, MA

Hopkinton has a population of 14,925 as of the 2010 census. It is a town in Middlesex County, less than 30 miles away from Worcester, and 35 miles away from Boston. The town is best known as the starting point of the Boston Marathon, held annually on Patriots' Day in April. It is also the headquarters for the enterprise-oriented Dell EMC. Hopkinton has a low crime rate, a 2.9% unemployment rate, a good public education system, and residents have high income rates. Hopkinton is also home to two state parks.

Ipswich, MA

Ipswich is a town in Essex County, with a population of 13,175 at the 2010 census. Ipswich is located approximately 30 miles from Boston and Lowell. Ipswich is home to Willowdale State Forest and Sandy Point State Reservation. Ipswich also includes the southern part of Plum Island. Ipswich has a thriving tourism industry and is famous for its clams, celebrated annually at the Ipswich Chowderfest. Ipswich also has Crane Beach, a barrier beach near the Crane estate. It also has many other historical sites. Ipswich has a low crime rate, a 2.7% unemployment rate, and a good public education system.

Lexington MA

Lexington is a town in Middlesex County, approximately 15 miles outside of Boston. The population was 31,394 at the 2010 census. It is the sixth wealthiest small city in the United States. Lexington has a low crime rate, a high appreciation rate, a low (2.5%) unemployment rate. Residents also have high home ownership rates and high income rates. Lexington also has a goodpublic education system. Lexington is most well-known for its history, it is home to many historical buildings, parks, and monuments. It also has museums, libraries, and a community center.

Littleton, MA

Littleton is a town in Middlesex County, it’s less than 20 miles from Lowell and 35 miles from Boston. The population was 8,924 at the 2010 census. Littleton has a low crime rate, a 2.8% unemployment rate, and a good public education system. Littleton has historical, civic and cultural organizations, along with parks and playing fields.

Longmeadow, MA

Longmeadow is a town in Hampden County, with a population of 15,784 at the 2010 census. Longmeadow is less than five miles from Springfield, approximately 20 miles from Northampton, and 95 miles from Boston. Longmeadow has a good public and higher education system. The town has low crime rates, a 2.8% unemployment rate, and residents have high home ownership and income rates. Longmeadow is home to the Longmeadow Country Club.

Malden, MA

Malden is a city in Middlesex County, with a population of 59,450 people in the 2010 census. Malden is located less than 10 miles outside of Boston. In 2009, Malden was named the "Best Place to Raise Your Kids" in Massachusetts by Bloomberg Businessweek. Malden has low rates of unemployment (3.2%), an affordable cost of living, and a good public education system. Malden has approximately 30 park sites throughout the city provide a variety of recreational facilities including tennis courts, basketball courts, playgrounds and ballfields. Malden is also home to the Converse Memorial Library and the Congregation Beth Israel.

Manchester (by the sea), MA

Manchester is a town on Cape Ann, in Essex County. The town is 30 miles from Boston and 40 miles from Lowell. At the 2010 census the population was 5,136/ The town is known for scenic beaches and vista points. Manchester has a low rate of crime, a 3.0% unemployment rate, and a good public education system. Residents have high income rates. Manchester is home to Singing Beach, along with other recreational areas and museums.

Mansfield, MA

Mansfield is a town in Bristol County, with a population of 23,184, according to the 2010 census. Mansfield is 35 miles away from Boston and 20 miles from Providence. The town has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.8%), and a good public education system. The village of Mansfield Center is located in this town. The town is twinned with Mansfield in Nottinghamshire, England. Mansfield is the home of the Xfinity Center concert venue, one of the most popular in New England. It is also the birthplace of Honey Dew Donuts (a regional New England chain of donut shops). The town also has public library.

Marblehead, MA

Marblehead is a New England town in Essex County, less than 20 miles outside of Boston. Its population was 19,808 at the 2010 census. It has a low crime rate, a 2.7% unemployment rate, a good public education system, and residents have a high income rate. Marblehead is home to the Marblehead Neck Wildlife Sanctuary, Crocker Park, the Marblehead Lighthouse, Fort Sewall, Little Harbor and Devereux Beach. The town has roots in commercial fishing, whaling and yachting, and is a center for recreational boating, sailing, kayaking, and fishing. Marblehead was a major shipyard and is known as the birthplace of the American Navy. It is also the origin of Marine Corps Aviation. Marblehead is also the home to Archibald Willard's famous painting The Spirit of '76, currently in Abbot Hall.

Marlborough, MA

Marlborough is a city in Middlesex County, with a population of 38,499 at the 2010 census. Marlborough is located 20 miles outside of Worcester and 30 miles away from Boston. Marlborough has a 2.7% unemployment rate, an affordable cost of living, and a good public education system. Marlborough is home to the Marlboro Airport, Callahan State Park, the Marlborough Center Historic District, the New England Sports Center, and the Solomon Pond Mall.

Mattapoisett, MA

Mattapoisett is a town in Plymouth County. It is located 65 miles from Boston and 40 miles from Providence. The population was 6,045 at the 2010 census. Mattapoisett has a low crime rate, a 2.8% unemployment rate, and a good public education system. Mattapoisett is a popular summer vacation spot for prominent New York and Boston residents. The Mattapoisett River flows through town, emptying into Mattapoisett Harbor. Mattapoisett is home to Haskell Swamp in the Tinkham Hill area in the northern part of town. There is also a state-managed wildlife area, Nasketucket Bay State Reservation, along the waterfront near the Fairhaven line. There are four beaches and two parks along the waterfront, as well as Ned Point Light.

Medfield, MA

Medfield is a town in Norfolk County,30 miles away from Boston and 40 miles from Worcester. The population was 12,024 according to the 2010 Census. Medfield has a good public and higher education system. The town has a low crime rate, a 2.7% unemployment rate, and residents have high income rates. Attractions include the Lowell Mason house, Hinkley Pond and the Peak House. There are also many parks, ponds, and reservations.

Medway, MA

Medway is a town in Norfolk County, with a population of about 13,000. Medway has a low crime rate, a 2.6% unemployment rate, a good public school system, and residents have high income rates.

Melrose, MA

Melrose is a city located ]in Middlesex County, less than 10 miles from Boston. Its population as per the 2010 United States Census is 26,985. Melrose has a low crime rate, a 2.6% unemployment rate. The town has an affordable cost of living and a good public education. Melrose was originally called "Ponde Fielde" for its abundance of ponds and streams or "Mystic Side" because of its location in a valley north of the Mystic River. There are also many fields and woods, and parks.

Milton, MA

Milton is a town in Norfolk County,10 miles outside of Boston. The population was 27,003 at the 2010 census. Milton is the birthplace of former U.S. President George H. W. Bush and architect Buckminster Fuller. Milton has a good public and higher education system, and a good community college. Milton has low crime rates, a 3.1% unemployment rate, and residents have high income rates and home ownership rates. In 2007, 2009, and 2011, Money Magazine listed Milton 7th, 5th, and 2nd, respectively, on its annual list of the "Best Places to Live" in the United States. Great Blue Hill in the Blue Hills Reservation is the highest point in Norfolk County, and is located in Milton. The summit houses the Blue Hill Observatory, home of the longest continuous weather record in North America, along with multiple radio transmitters.

Natick, MA

Natick is a town in Middlesex County, 25 miles away from Boston and 30 miles from Worcester; with a population of 32,786 at the 2010 census. Natick is one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in the Boston area. Natick has a low crime rate, a 2.5% unemployment rate, and a good public education system. Residents have high income rates. Natick has many recreational attractions including the Natick Mall, Bacon Free Library, Temple Israel of Natick, The Natick Historical Society, Eliot Church, and the Natick Community Organic Farm.

Needham, MA

Needham is a town in Norfolk County, is 20 miles outside of Boston. Its population was 28,886 at the 2010 census. Needham has a good public and higher education system, a low crime rate, and residents have high income rates. It is home to the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, an engineering school. The majority of Cutler Park is in Needham and is located along the Charles River.

Newburyport, MA

Newburyport is a small coastal city in Essex County, 50 miles northeast of Boston. The population was 17,416 at the 2010 census. Newburyport has a good public education system, low crime rates, low unemployment rates (2.6%), and high appreciation rates. Newburyport is a historic seaport with a vibrant tourism industry, and includes part of Plum Island. A Coast Guard station oversees boating activity, especially in the swift tidal currents of the Merrimack River. Newburyport is home to Newburyport Brewing Company, Cushing House Museum & Garden, Maudslay State Park, and Parker River National Wildlife Refuge.

Newton, MA

Newton is a suburban city in Middlesex County, just over 10 miles outside of Boston. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the population of Newton was 85,146, making it the eleventh largest city in the state. Newton has a good public and higher education system. It also has low crime rates, and a low unemployment rate (2.7%), and residents have high income rates. Newton resembles a patchwork of thirteen villages, and is served by three modes of mass transit run by the MBTA: light rail, commuter rail, and bus service. There are several historical sites in the Newton area, including: Crystal Lake, the East Parish and West Parish Burying Grounds, and the Jackson Homestead. Along with many other recreational points of interest.

Norfolk, MA

Norfolk is a town in Norfolk County, with a population of 11,227 people at the 2010 census. Norfolk is 30 miles from Boston and 40 miles from Worcester. Norfolk has a low crime rate, a 2.5% unemployment rate. Norfolk also has a good public education system, and residents have high income rates. Norfolk was the filming location for Ted 2 in 2014, a comedy film starring Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane.

Northampton, MA

The city of Northampton is located in Hampshire County. As of 2012, the estimated total population of Northampton was 28,592. Northampton is 20 miles from Springfield and 100 miles from Boston. Northampton has a good public and higher education system. Northampton also has a low rate of unemployment at 2.6%. Northampton is known as an academic, artistic, musical, and countercultural center. It features a large politically liberal community along with numerous alternative health and intellectual organizations. the website Epodunk rates Northampton as the most politically liberal medium-size city in the United States. The city has a high proportion of residents who identify as gay/lesbian, and has a high number of same-sex households, making it a popular destination for the LGBTQ community. Northampton has many parks, playing fields, festivals, theaters, and plenty of other recreational activities.

North Andover, MA

North Andover is a town in Essex County, with a population of 28,352 in 2010. North Andover has a good public and higher education system. The town has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 2.9%, and residents have high income rates. the Merrimack River and the Shawsheen River makes up part of the town. The northeast quadrant of town is also dominated by Lake Cochichewick, which is bordered by the Osgood Hill Reservation, Weir Hill Reservation and the Reas Pond Conservation Area. The town also is home to portions of Harold Parker State Forest, Boxford State Forest and the Charles W. Ward Reservation. North Andover has many brooks, streams and ponds dotting the town.

Northborough, MA

Northborough is a town in Worcester County, located just over 10 miles outside of Worcester and 40 miles from Boston. The population was 14,155 at the 2010 census. Northborough has a low crime rate, a low (2.9%) unemployment rate, a good public education system, and residents have high income rates. The New England Baseball Complex is located in Northborough, and is home to the New England Ruffnecks, a youth baseball association.

North Reading, MA

North Reading is a town in Middlesex County, with a population of 14,892 in 2010. North Reading is 20 miles from Boston and 20 miles from Lowell. North Reading has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.8%), a good public education system, and residents have high income rates. North Reading has a beautiful town center, historic buildings that are still standing.

Norton, MA

Norton is a town in Bristol County, and contains the village of Norton Center. The population was 19,031 in 2010. Norton is located 25 miles from Providence and 40 miles from Boston. Norton has a good public and higher education system, a low crime rate, and affordable cost of living. Norton is home of Wheaton College, and hosts the Deutsche Bank Championship as well as a tournament of the PGA Tour held annually on the weekend prior to the Labor Day holiday at the TPC Boston golf club. The two largest bodies of water in town are the Norton Reservoir and Winnecunnet Pond on the east, which is fed by the Canoe River and feeds into the Mill River.

Norwell, MA

Norwell is in Plymouth County. The population was 10,506 at the 2010 Census. Norwell is located 30 miles from Boston. Norwell has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (3.1%), a good public education system, and residents have high income rates. Norwell is an affluent residential community that has modern schools, shopping, churches, libraries, health facilities, a wildlife preserve, and other support facilities as well as three industrial parks.

Norwood, MA

Norwood is a town in Norfolk County, located 25 miles from Boston. As of 2010, the population was 30,602. Norwood has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (3.1%), and a good public education system. Norwood is on the Neponset River, which runs all the way to Boston Harbor. Norwood's town square is dominated by its town hall, the Norwood Memorial Municipal Building. It includes a 50-bell, Carillon tower, housing the Walter F. Tilton Memorial Carillon, one of nine carillons in Massachusetts and the seventh-largest in the United States. Norwood is home to the Norwood Historical Society. F. Holland Day Historic House Museum and Morrill Memorial Library.

Quincy, MA

Quincy is a city in Norfolk County, just over 10 miles outside of Boston. Its population in 2010 was 92,271, making it the 8th largest city in the state. Quincy has a good public and higher education system, and a good community college. Quincy has low unemployment rates (3.3%) and an affordable cost of living. Quincy is known as the “City of Presidents” because it is the birth place of John Adams and John Quincy Adams, along with John Hancock the first signer of the Declaration of Independence. The city was the site of the Granite Railway, the United States' first commercial railroad. Both Howard Johnson's and Dunkin' Donuts were founded in the city.

Reading, MA

Reading is a town in Middlesex County, 15 miles from Boston. The population was 24,747 in 2010. Reading has a low crime rate, a 2.6% unemployment rate, and a good public education system. Residents have high rates of homeownership and high income rates. Reading is home to many historical sites like the Parker Tavern operated by the Reading Antiquarian Society, the Stephen Hall House, and Captian Nathaniel Parker Red House. Reading also has the Burbank Arena skating rink.

Scituate, MA

Scituate is a seacoast town in Plymouth County, located 30 miles from Boston. The population was 18,133 at the 2010 census. Scituate has a low crime rate, low unemployment rates (3.1%), a good public education system, and residents have high income rates. Scituate is considered a South Shore community, located just south of the mouth of greater Boston Harbor. The town has no freeways running through it, or air service in town.

Sharon, MA

Sharon is a town in Norfolk County, with a population of 17,612 at the 2010 census. Sharon has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.5%), a good public education system, and residents have high income rates. Sharon has a large number of hiking trails due to the high percentage of conservation land located in Sharon. Trails found in Sharon include: the Massapoag Trail, the Warner Trail, the Bay Circuit Trail, and the King Philip's Rock Trail, and trails at Borderland State Park and at Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary. In front of the Sharon Public Library stands a statue of Deborah Sampson, Sharon's town heroine (Sampson disguised herself as a man to fight in the Revolutionary War).

Shrewsbury, MA

Shrewsbury is a town in Worcester County, less than 10 miles outside of Worcester, and 45 miles from Boston. The population was 35,608 according to the 2010 US Census. Shrewsbury has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.8%), and a good public education system. Shrewsbury is home to Gen. Artemas Ward Homestead, and the Shrewsbury Historic District. Along with many bars and restaurants.

Southborough, MA

Southborough is a town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States. Its population was 9,767 at the 2010 census. Southborough is 30 miles from Boston, and 20 miles from Worcester. The town has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 2.8%, high income rates, and a good public education system. Southborough was named #31 in the nation on CNN Money's "100 Best Places to Live" in 2009. The town also consistently ranks #1 as the wealthiest community in Worcester County. It ranked #15th for most million dollar earners among all other Massachusetts communities. Southborough home prices are not only among the most expensive in Massachusetts, but Southborough real estate also consistently ranks among the most expensive in America.

Stoneham, MA

Stoneham is a town in Middlesex County, nine miles north of Boston. Its population was 21,437 at the 2010 census. Its proximity to major highways and public transportation offer convenient access to Boston and the North Shore coastal region and beaches of Massachusetts. Stoneham has a low crime rate, unemployment rate of 3.0%, and a good public education system. Stoneham is home to the Stone Zo.. It is also the birthplace of Olympic figure-skating medalist Nancy Kerrigan, and Emmy-winning writer Josh Gondelman.

Sudbury, MA

Sudburyis a town in Middlesex County, with a population of 17,659 in 2010. Sudbury is 25 miles from Boston and Worcester. Sudbury has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.5%), a good public education system, and a high income. One of Sudbury's historic landmarks, the Wayside Inn, claims to be the country's oldest operating inn, built and run by the Howe family for many generations. Sudbury has many places of worship.

Swampscott, MA

Swampscott is a town in Essex County, located 15 miles from Boston. The population was 13,787 as of 2010. Swampscott was a former summer resort on Massachusetts Bay. Today, Swampscott is a fairly affluent residential community and includes the village of Beach Bluff. It is known for its quiet suburban character and lovely beaches. Swampscott has a low crime rate, high income rates, and a good public education system.

Wayland, MA

Wayland is a town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts with a population of 13,444 at the 2010 census. It is located 25 miles from Boston. Wayland has a low crime rate, a 2.5% unemployment rate, high income rates, and a good public education system. The town’s library was the first free public library in the state of Massachusetts.

Walpole, MA

Walpole is a town in Norfolk County, Massachusetts, located 30 miles from Boston, with a population of 24,070 in 2010. Walpole has a low crime rate, a 2.8% unemployment rate, a high income rate, and a good public education system. Walpole has many parks and athletic fields, such as Francis William Bird Park. Facilities at the park include bike racks, benches, trash receptacles, public restroom, a "tot lot" with children's play equipment, four tennis courts, a basketball backboard, and an outdoor stage.

Wellesley, MA

Wellesley is a town in Norfolk County, with a population of 27,982 in 2010. Wellesley is located 20 miles from Boston and 35 miles from Worcester. It has one of the highest median household and family incomes in Massachusetts, with low crime and unemployment (2.5%) rates, and high home ownership rates. It has a good public and higher education system, and is well-known for their colleges. Wellesley also has a very green power community after Wellesley’s Municipal Light Plant introduced the Voluntary Renewable Energy in 2009.

Wenham, MA

Wenham is a town in Essex County, with a population of 4,875 at the 2010 census, and located 25 miles from Boston. Wenham has historic character and rural scenery. The town has many open views of farm lands, lakes, woodlands, historic homes, and old stone walls. The town also has 300 acres of parks, playgrounds, and recreational lands. Wenham is closely tied to its neighboring town, Hamilton. In 2010, the community of Hamilton-Wenham was listed among the "Best Places to Live" by Boston magazine. Wenham has low crime rates, low unemployment rates (2.8%), and high income rates. Wenham also has good public and higher education systems.

Westborough, MA

Westborough is a town in Worcester County, just over 10 miles outside of Worcester and 35 miles outside of Boston. The population was 18,272 at the 2010 Census, with a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate (2.5%), high income rates, and a good public education system. The town has numerous historical sites and bodies of water, along with a country club.

Westford, MA

Westford is a town in Middlesex County. The population was 21,951 at the 2010 census.Westford is location 40 miles from Boston and 35 miles from Worcester. Westford has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 2.8%, high income rates, and a good public education system. The town was rated as #11 Best Places to live by CNN Money in 2013. Westford has expanding high technology industries, suburban retail, and upper-middle class residential areas.

West Newbury, MA

West Newbury is a town in Essex County, 40 miles north of Boston. Situated on the Merrimack River, its population was 4,235 at the 2010 census. West Newbury has a low unemployment rate of 2.5%, high income rates, and a good public education system. West Newbury's status as an affluent community can be attributed to its location in Essex County. In 2006, Essex County received the “honor” of being named number one on Forbes magazine's list of most overpriced places to live in the U.S. The town's oldest continually-operating farm is Long Hill Orchard. In addition to the apple orchard, the farm is home to a popular Community Supported Agriculture program and farm to table dining events. West Newbury is separated from Newburyport by the Artichoke River and its upper and lower reservoirs. Several other rivers and brooks, including the Indian River, flow through the town.

Weston, MA

Weston is a town in Middlesex County, located 15 miles from Boston and 20 miles from Lowell. The population of Weston, as of 2010, was 11,261. Weston is among the 10 most affluent towns with 1,000 or more households in the United States and is the third-most affluent town with a population of at least 10,000 in the United States. Weston is among the nation's 100 most expensive ZIP codes. It is the only town in the Boston Area to have private roads, with state of the art police patrolling 24/7. Weston has good public and higher private school systems. Weston has a low crime and unemployment (2.4%) rate, a high appreciation rate, and high income rates. Weston has many sites of interest including a golf course, theater, and nature trails.

Westwood, MA

Westwood is a town in Norfolk County, 25 miles from Boston and 35 miles from Lowell. The population was 14,618 at the 2010 census. Westwood has a low crime rate, low unemployment (2.5%) rate, and high income rates. Westwood also has a good public education system. In July 2005, CNN/Money and Money magazine ranked Westwood 13th on its list of the 100 Best Places to Live in the United States. It is currently the 15th wealthiest town in Massachusetts. Westwood is home to Hale Reservation and the Westwood Library.

Williamstown, MA

Williamstown is a town in Berkshire County, in the northwest corner of Massachusetts, with a population of 7,754 in 2010. Williamstown is considered a college town, and is home to Williams College, the Clark Art Institute. It also has a good public education system, and a low unemployment rate of 2.9%. The Tony-awarded Williamstown Theatre Festival, which runs every July and August.

Winchester, MA

Winchester is a small suburban town located in Middlesex County, 15 miles north of Boston. The population was 21,374 as of the 2010 United States Census. Winchester has a low crime rate, a low unemployment rate of 2.6%, high rates of home ownership, and high income rates. Winchester also has a goodpublic education system. Winchester has several major bodies of water, including: the Mystic Lakes, Wedge Pond, Winter Pond, and the Aberjona River, as well as several minor bodies of water such as Sucker Brook and Sachem Swamp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources:

https://k12.niche.com/rankings/public-school-distr...

http://www.wcvb.com/money/25-best-public-school-di...

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ma/schools/

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/...

https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/best-colleges/...

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/06/24/the-10-best...

http://www.bestcolleges.com/features/best-colleges...

https://www.valuepenguin.com/2015/05/2015-safest-p...

http://realestate.boston.com/news/2016/02/09/the-2...

http://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-cities-massach...

http://www.safewise.com/blog/50-safest-cities-mass...

http://backgroundchecks.org/50-safest-cities-in-ma...

https://local.niche.com/rankings/suburbs/safest/s/...

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/mortgages/home-sea...

http://www.businessinsider.com/city-lowest-unemplo...

http://lmi2.detma.org/lmi/lmi_lur_a.asp

http://www.movoto.com/guide/boston-ma/most-afforda...

http://www.wcvb.com/money/massachusetts-mostafford...

http://www.livability.com/massachusetts/real-estat...

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/studies/best-place...

http://archive.boston.com/business/gallery/medianincomesinmass/?

http://zipatlas.com/us/ma/city-comparison/median-h...

http://www.wbur.org/politicker/2016/11/08/massachu...

http://www.wikipedia.com

All images sourced from http://www.wikipedia.com