Presidential elections typically have a lot of candidates, and this upcoming election is no different. So far, 21 candidates have announced their run for president, and more are likely to announce their candidacy. For the common person, politics are confusing. There are so many different conflicting views that it is hard to keep each party and each candidate straight from one another.

So, in trying to make the whole process a little less confusing, here are the candidates that are running for president (so far!).

1. Joe Biden

Joe Biden is a 76-year-old Democrat from Delaware. He is the former Vice President of the United States and a former Senator.

2. Cory Booker

Cory Booker is a 49-year-old Democrat from New Jersey. He is currently a senator and is the former mayor of Newark, New Jersey.

3. Pete Buttigieg

Pete Buttigieg is a 37-year-old Democrat from Indiana. He is currently the mayor of South Bend, Indiana and is a military veteran.

4. Julian Castro

Julian Castro is a 44-year-old Democrat from Texas. He is the former housing secretary under Barack Obama's presidency and is also the former mayor of San Antonio.

5. John Delaney

John Delaney is a 56-year-old Democrat from Maryland. He is a former Congressman and is also a former businessman.

6. Tulsi Gabbard

Tulsi Gabbard is a 38-year-old Democrat from Hawaii. She is a current Congresswoman and is also a former Army National Guard veteran.

7. Kirsten Gillibrand

Kirsten Gillibrand is a 52-year-old Democrat from New York. She is a current senator and a former Congresswoman.

8. Kamala Harris

Kamala Harris is a 54-year-old Democrat from California. She is a current Senator, the former attorney general of California, and the former San Fransisco district attorney.

9. John Hickenlooper

John Hickenlooper is a 67-year-old Democrat from Colorado. He is the former governor of Colorado and the former mayor of Denver.

10. Jay Inslee

Jay Inslee is a 68-year-old Democrat from Washington. He is currently the governor of Washington and a former Congressman.

11. Amy Klobuchar

Amy Klobuchar is a 58-year-old Democrat from Minnesota. She is currently a senator and a former attorney.

12. Wayne Messam

Wayne Messam is a 44-year-old Democrat from Florida. He is the current mayor of Miramar, Florida, and a former college football player.

13. Seth Moulton

Seth Moulton is a 40-year-old Democrat from Massachusetts. He is currently a Congressman and an Iraq War veteran.

14. Beto O'Rourke

Beto O'Rourke is a 46-year-old Democrat from Texas. He is a former Congressman and was a candidate for Senate.

15. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan is a 45-year-old Democrat from Ohio. He is a current Congressman and a former congressional staffer.

16. Bernie Sanders

Bernie Sanders is a 77-year-old Democrat from Vermont. He is a current Senator and a former Congressman.

17. Eric Swalwell

Eric Swalwell is a 38-year-old Democrat from California. He is currently a Congressman.

18. Donald Trump

Donald Trump is a 72-year-old Republican from New York. He is the current President of the United States and real estate businessman. He is also a former reality television star.

19. Elizabeth Warren

Elizabeth Warren is a 69-year-old Democrat from Massachusetts. She is a current senator and is a former professor of bankruptcy law at Harvard University.

20. William Weld

William Weld is a 73-year-old Republican from Massachusetts. He is the former governor of Massachusetts and is also a former federal prosecutor.

21. Marianne Williamson

Marianne Williamson is a 66-year-old Democrat from Texas. She is currently author and lecturer.

22. Andrew Yang

Andrew Yang is a 44-year-old Democrat from New York. He is currently a tech executive who created a nonprofit that focuses on developing the economy.

To read more about the candidates, their stances on policies and their history in politics click here. You can also find more information about each of the candidates by looking at their campaign page/website.

More candidates are likely to join the 2020 presidential race, so make sure to stay up to date with your information!

Remember: your vote DOES make all of the difference!