Being True To Yourself

Being True To Yourself

It is better to accept who you are than try to be someone you are not.

23
Being True To Yourself
Google Images

"Never change who you are so that people will like you. Just be yourself and the right people will love you just for being you." — Unknown

There are pressures from society and people in this world that want you to be someone that you are not. They can be anyone from complete strangers, friends or even a family member who begins to pick apart at your appearance. Don't allow them to put you in this box that they believe everyone should be in, and don't let them change how you look. In the end, you will not feel or look any different than before because you will only be a copy of these people. The person in the mirror may look like different but what matters more than appearance is your character.

"Being true to yourself is better than being a liar just to impress everyone." Unknown

It is important to just be yourself no matter what others think or say about you. They will tell you to change your hair or dress differently to fit their persona of beauty. Your little imperfections are what make you beautiful because no one else looks or acts like you. If you allow them to change you then you lose everything that makes you different than the person standing next to you. You will lose all the joy and happiness surrounding your life if you allow them to decide what you like and dislike. You have to be able to love yourself because loving who you are is more important than caring if these people love you.

"Just be yourself. Life is too short to be someone else." Unknown

Life passes by too quickly for you to pretend to be something you are not. Being yourself shows people that you have confidence, which will attract the right people in your life. It is better to fill your life with positivity and people who love you for who are. They will lift you up when others try to tear you down to make themselves feel better. You were created in God’s image, which means these people are not only tearing you down but also God. He created you to have different likes and interests than others because life would be boring if everyone liked the same things.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." — Romans 12:2

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." — Psalm 139:14