A Letter To My Childhood Best Friend

A Letter To My Childhood Best Friend

Throwback to the good ol' days.

65
A Letter To My Childhood Best Friend
HerCampus

Dear Childhood Best Friend,

Hey, it’s been a while. It seems like we haven’t talked in ages. I guess it kind of feels that way because we were the greatest of friends back in the day. I guess the distance and our crazy schedules got the best of us. I really wish they didn’t though. I miss you a lot.

We were inseparable; we did literally everything together. I remember always going to your house after school, doing homework and then playing. We also would go to gymnastics or whatever activity we decided to do together after play time. I remember I would only do activities if you were also doing them. If you wanted to quit something, I wanted to quit too. I was quite shy back then (still am a little today), and you brought out the best in me. Sometimes, if you spend too much time with someone, you get quite sick of them. But that definitely was not the case for us. We could spend all day every day together and we would be totally fine. Occasionally we’d fight, but we would make up five minutes later and continue to be best friends.

Then, the day came when you moved away. You moved so far away that we were in different time zones. I was devastated to be losing my best friend. But we vowed to keep in touch no matter what. At first, we were really good at it. I remember calling all of the time, and we would catch up on what your new school was like and talk about the latest news from back home. I would even see you once a year when you would come back home and visit. But I think the distance got in the way. It isn’t easy to talk to someone who lives so far away, even though things such as cell phones and Facebook exist. You can have all of these different ways of communicating, but sometimes life just gets the best of you and you don’t have time to text or call anymore.

We may be in the same chapter of our lives, but we’re on different pages. We’re both at school, and doing various activities and hanging out with other people. It’s just that we’re not in sync. But I just want you to know that you always have a special place reserved for you in my heart. I miss you like crazy, and I hope that we can talk real soon again. And I don’t mean just saying hey or how’s it going; I mean really talk. You should feel free to text me whenever you want. If anything ever happens, I’m right by your side no matter what.

Even if we don’t talk much anymore, which should change, you will always be the Clover to my Sam (and your sister was Alex, of course). We will forever fight over Jesse McCartney, and yes, I still remember his favorite color is orange. But most of all, you will always be my childhood best friend.

Love,

Your Old Friend