Things Nobody Tells You About Being A Senior In High School

There's great and the not so great things about being a senior.

13
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-throwing-confetti-1139317/

I am a senior in high school and I graduate in May of 2020 and I'm pumped. However, as my last first semester of high school is coming to an end, I have started to notice/realize some things that no one had told me about when it comes to being a senior.

You will spend so much money on fees and college requirements, it’s crazy. 

Not only do you have to pay a fee if you're in sports or some clubs, but college applications, housing deposits, meal plans, etc. have to be planned out and paid for before you even live on campus. Not to mention, if you don't have a job and you are relying on your parents to pay for EVERYTHING, it can be very rushed and cost a lot of money.

Seniors can get away with a lot more than lower classmen can. 

This is because seniors most likely have a better and longer relationship with the admin and teachers than everyone else. Seniors usually get to get out of class easier to help teachers, can joke around with the adults a lot more, and overall just be a little less worried about getting in trouble for the little things.

“Your senior year is your easiest year”...maybe if you don’t plan on going to college.

I'm in all honors classes this year (and have been since freshman year) and I'm stressing about the things going on in those classes. Not to mention, applying for scholarships, applying for housing, worrying about how to pay for college, etc. is always on my mind and stresses me out like no other. Ok, so take out the school work part of senior year. Having a job and making sure you're still on top of your grades AND being involved in different sports or clubs can be so overwhelming. Being a part of those organizations or having a job can be fun at times, but what do you do if you have two things scheduled for the same time? Which do you choose? The one you'll get paid to be at or the one you'll have the most fun at? What if you have a test tomorrow but you work until 10, have to shower when you get home, and study? Not only the schoolwork but all the events of being a senior can be very stressful.

The people you meet your freshman year, are not the same people you meet your senior year. 

People change all throughout high school. In my freshman year, I was friends with people who eventually became toxic by the end of the year or throughout the rest of my years of high school. There's girls who swear up and down they'll never get pregnant while they're in school who will get pregnant by their junior year. There's boy who will act humble when you first meet them, but then be the biggest jerks you've ever met by their senior year. People change all throughout high school. Some of those changes are for the good and some of them are not so good.

Being a senior in high school can be emotional. It has its perks and it has its lows.