Why acai bowls are the best

9 Reasons Acai Bowls Are The Best

The deliciousness of acai bowls are sweeping the nation and have been for some time.

86

Fresh n' Lean BlogBeyond their amazing taste, the bowls are actually pretty healthy if you get them made right. My boyfriend and I have recently begun, in all honesty, on an acai bowl bender. We are completely obsessed. They are hands down our favorite thing to eat for dinner, and here's why.

1. They are delicious.

Arguably the most important detail of every meal or snack you eat, acai bowls taste absolutely incredible. The base of the bowl is made from, surprise surprise, blended acai. The blend is smooth with a semi-grainy texture, and it has a sweet taste to it, but it is subtle and not too sweet. Next comes a satisfying, crunchy, sweet layer of (hopefully freshly made) granola. The granola is topped with fresh fruit of your choice depending on what bowl you order. My favorite fruits to top it with are strawberries, blueberries, and banana. Last, but definitely not least, I highly suggest you get peanut butter and a drizzle of honey to top off your bowl. If you do this, you will be tasting a little bit of heaven.

2. They are healthy.

Not only are these bowls delicious, but they are actually healthy too. You get antioxidants from the acai and the fruit, protein and healthy fats from the peanut butter, and healthy, complex carbs from the granola. In a way, you could say it is a power bowl. Some places even give you the option of adding protein powder to your bowl if you're looking for an extra dose of protein.

3. They are ready in less than 5 minutes.

There's nothing worse than being starving, knowing what you want to eat and craving that food, and then having to wait thirty plus minutes for it. That's another great thing about acai bowls, they take less than 5 minutes to be freshly prepared and delivered to you. There really is nothing more you could ask for.

4. They are filling.

A lot of the time, the problem with healthy foods is that they aren't filling so you end up still hungry even after eating. However, acai bowls do not fall into that category. These mind-blowing health bowls are actually very filling and leave you full until you're the next meal.

5. They are satisfying.

Another common issue with heathy foods is that they leave you unsatisfied. But fear not, this is not the case with acai bowls either. Between the chilled, sweet acai, the sweetness of the fruit, the crunchiness of the granola, and the creamy, savory peanut butter, acai bowls leave you in want of nothing more.

6. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Who doesn't love a dish that can be eaten for any meal throughout the day? I know I do. The convenience of being able to eat these bowls whenever the craving hits is just another one of the many reasons they are the best thing to happen since Netflix was created.

7. They are usually served with pretty cool spoons.

Who doesn't love to eat with a super fun, spunky spoon? I know I do. It somehow just makes whatever you're eating taste a million times better. The coolest spoon I've ever gotten to eat an acai bowl with was one that changed color when it touched the acai. It was super cool and definitely made the bowl more enjoyable.

8. Acai restaurants are always super cute.

There's nothing better than being comfortable while enjoying something delicious. Restaurants that serve acai bowls are always full of bright colors, soft couches and chairs, and located in places with amazing views. The atmosphere really adds to the aesthetic appeal of your meal.

9. They won't break the bank.

Photo: Fresh n' Lean Blog

As a college student, I'm always on the hunt for a good deal. Acai bowls are both delicious and not out of the college student price range, which is hard to find. The bowls range anywhere from $8 to $15, and they are worth every cent. Trust me.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of acai bowls. And after reading this listicle, you should be too. So, do yourself a favor, and if you haven't tried one of these life-changing bowls yet, go grab yourself one. You can thank me later.