8 Simple New Year's Resolutions That You Can Achieve

You can keep these ones this year.

12

This year was a year of many changes for myself as a college freshman. Mixed in with a lot of happy blissful memories and a lot of wrong turns, it inspired me to actually want to follow through with a New Year's Resolution. Just like millions of others, I make resolutions that are usually broken within a month, simply because it is too big of a life change, or we all just get caught up in life. This year I am making smaller more obtainable resolutions or changes that will be for the better.

1. Do what makes you happy

If you don't want to work out after class then don't! Work out when you want to and be happy at the end of the day with all of the decisions you have made.

2. Don't dwell on the past

No matter what event happened with people, leave it where it belongs. Nothing positive comes out of remaining in contact with people that suck the life out of you. It's called the past for a reason, don't answer when it calls.

3. Take negative people out of your life

The friend that brings you down, or the significant other who lets you down time and time again need to go. They aren't your problem anymore.

4. Save your money

This is really dumb, but it is such a problem for myself and so many others. No, you don't need that shirt. Save yourself the anxiety of a low bank account and you'll thank yourself when you have money for spring break.

5. Don't be afraid to let loose

Go out and enjoy yourself. Too much time cooped up studying can really mess with anyone's head.

6. Wake up early

Don't sleep all day, you won't be productive and you'll feel like crap.

7. Don't procrastinate

Do your assignments or fulfill your obligations when you have the time. Don't put it off to watch Netflix.

8. Be happy

There is an endless list of things in life, especially being a student in Happy Valley, to be happy about. So smile and live life.