8 Quotes That Give A New Perspective

8 Quotes That Give A New Perspective

Some quotes that may open your mind to something magnificent.
41

Quotes are something many people live by. Many people have their favorite quote or the quote they put in their high school yearbook. Some seriously live by a certain quote until the day they die! There are so many quotes circulating the Internet from normal people writing on blogs to famous philosophers. I picked out some of my favorite ones that I think really effect how I see others and myself, and that I really think could help people's lives!

1. "I wonder how many people I have looked at and never seen."―John Steinbeck

Think about how many faces you have seen over your lifetime. SO MANY you can't even comprehend! This quote puts into perspective how small you are in the world and how many other stories are floating around out there.

2. "Love loves to love love."―James Joyce

WE LOVE LOVE BECAUSE LOVE RULES THE WORLD! This quote sums it up. Love is the meaning of life and we are lucky enough to be able to experience love. You love someone who loves someone else who loves someone else and it's just a big chain of LOVE around that world and that's what makes the world go round (:

3. “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” ―May Sarton

True fact: you may be a total weirdo underneath all of your designer clothes and loads of artificial bullshit. But that is sooooo cool. You could be someone completely different than everyone around you, but you don't allow yourself to feel that because someone once told you that being different is weird. You know what's weird? Being just like the people standing by your side. Uniqueness is cool. Utter strangeness eccentricity is cool. Being your true self is cool. It may be scary at first, but you will feel so much more comfortable in your own skin once you get over that hump.

4. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway.”―Robert Downey Jr.

One of my favorites. I'm all about finding a way to do the things that I want to do, regardless if people want me to do them or not. Sometimes it bites me in the ass, but I'm always glad that I tried my way instead of just pushing it under the rug. Do what you want because life is short so why not? Pay attention to other's input, but don't let it effect your next move.

5. “Sanity is a madness put to good uses.”―George Santayana

In the words of my good friend Cheshire Cat, we're all mad here. We have so much information given to us every single day, and we have the ability to chose what we want and don't want to pay attention to. We want to control what is in our lives and most of the time, succeed. Human beings are so powerful and it's amazing that we have this ability. So keep staying sane people.

6. “Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.”―F. Scott Fitzgerald

This correlates so much with the Golden Rule. You have NO idea what others have or haven't experienced so keep your mouth shut if your questioning the morality of what you may say. There are people in the world who are so privileged and lucky and have everything they have ever wanted. And there are other people who work their butt of to give their family a life like this. Most of the time, you can't really tell the difference so just be cautious about what you say because you never know who is listening!

7. “In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.” ―Rollo May

Being by yourself is the only time you are one with your thoughts. It is the time where you have no one to please or cater to, where you can truly hear your thoughts loud and clearly. Creativity really comes out when these thoughts are circulating your mind. These thoughts can be turned into writing, music, art, etc. You could really surprise yourself if you allow yourself to be creative and create something. Creativity, like anything, takes practice, so don't be discouraged if you have a brain fart the first couple times of trying.

8. “Let no man pull you so low as to hate him."―Martin Luther King Jr.

Don't give someone the opportunity to receive your negative energy!! Don't get to the point where you hate someone. Back away before the word "hate" even crosses your mind. You don't have to necessarily like someone, but you also don't have to allow yourself to dislike someone so much to where you hate them. Mr. King was a wise man who always had something positive to say. Hate is SO avoidable, so try avoid the people you know clash with your state of mind and actions.