7 Tips On Conquering A Summer Workout Packet

It's Really Not That Hard

90
hercampus

So Summer is approaching and your coach finally emailed you the workout packet. Most people on the team already have their plan on their workout, because this isn't there first packet. But all the freshman are anxious and scared because they have no idea what any of this is and how to even start. And I should know because just a year ago, I was a freshman who was frightened that this packet was going to be the hardest thing I have ever done. Now that I have gone through it, I feel confident that I can handle anything my coach throws at me. So here are 7 tips for anyone who wants to get the most out of their Summer Workout Packet:

1. Start out easy.

Don't just rush into the workout packet doing the heaviest weight or a crazy amount of running. By building into things, injury and fatigue can be prevented and in the long run will help you to do more.

2. Workout with someone.

Certain people need someone to push them through the hardest part of their workout. Having a stable workout buddy will help you complete the workout to its fullest.

3. Change your scenery.

Always doing a workout in a gym or at home will sometimes make you not want to do it. Change up where you do your workout to makes things more interesting and more challenging.

4. Take breaks.

No matter how much you workout, the most benefit you will get is to take breaks to prevent injury. It's not about getting the workout done and over with, but building up endurance and strength.

5. DRINK WATER!!

This is probably the most important thing you can do and it's not even a workout. Keeping hydrated, especially on those really hot days will prevent from getting heat sick or cramped muscles.

6. Ask for help.

No one will think anything less of you if you're having trouble with completing workouts or don't get certain exercises. The team is there for a reason, to motivate and help so that come the season everyone is in great shape.

7. Don't be afraid to do your own thing.

And finally, even though you are given a workout packet, don't be afraid to do other things not in the packet. The packet is mostly a reminder that you need to be in shape come the start of the next year.