Quotes From Erk Russell That Will Turn You True Blue

GATA, Eagles!

“My first 31 years in this business were like a guy eating at a buffet table. Later, when I came here to Georgia Southern, it was like eating the dessert.”

“People ask me, ‘Do you miss coaching?’ And my reply is, ‘Every day that rolls around.”

“Emotionally, our players are just as tough as theirs. It’s more physical than anything. Their players are taller. We’ve both got 260-pound linemen. But the ones at Georgia are 6-5, while the ones at Georgia Southern are 5-10…. We’ve got a bus that, conservatively speaking, has about five million miles on it.”

“The best way to win a game is not to lose it.”

“Do what your Momma tells you to do, go to Sunday School, go to church and when you die, you’ll go to Statesboro.”

“I wasn't willing to make another four- or five-year commitment. Did I make the right choice? Absolutely."

“I’m gonna say it one more time. We are Georgia Southern. Our colors are blue and white. We call ourselves the Bald Eagles. We call our offense the Georgia Power Company…and that’s a terrific name for an offense. Our snap count is 'rate, hike.' We practice on the banks of Beautiful Eagle Creek and that’s in Statesboro, Georgia–the gnat capital of America. Our weekends begin on Thursday. The co-eds outnumber the men 3-to-2. They’re all good looking and they’re all rich. And folks, you just can’t beat that…and you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet.”

“One more time for the greatest team in America!”