5 Things I Did Not Miss About Dorm Life

5 Things I Did Not Miss About Dorm Life

Not even a little.
24

Coming back to college life has been a really weird experience. When I moved back in on Sunday, it felt like I was starting a brand new school year. I felt extremely discombobulated. I had forgotten how to live in a dorm because I had gotten so used to living at home again. Walking into my room was the biggest wake-up call in the world like I can't believe that I left my room looking the way it did. From the moment I walked in, I vowed that this semester would be a lot different. I was going to regularly clean up after myself, do my laundry in a timely fashion, and invest in a vacuum. I also refused to walk into the bathroom until absolutely necessary because I wasn't ready to face the filth again. Obviously, there were a few things I missed about dorm life, like being so close to my friends and being able to sort of live on my own without parental supervision. However, there were definitely a few things that I was reminded of that I absolutely did not miss about living in a dorm.

1. The bathrooms. Enough said.

2. The dust that literally covers my whole room.

3. The noise, especially on Wednesdays.

I did not miss the sound of heeled ankle boots clicking and clacking down the hallway at 3 a.m.

4. Walking up and down all the stairs in Wheeler, at least, a billion times a day.

My legs aren't cut out for that sort of exercise.

5. The germs. I was sick literally all of the first semester.

I love Holy Cross and there aren't many things I dislike about being here, but there are just some things I didn't miss over break. It's nice to be back and see all my friends, but I miss the cleanliness of my own home.