5 Signs That You Are A Visual Thinker

5 Signs That You Are A Visual Thinker

Seeing things from different perspectives is the basis for advancement in society today.

1480
StudentPulse.com

Our path of thought is an undoubtedly important thing to understand when it comes to everyday activities. Without knowing how we use our brain power, we cannot know how we learn, perceive, and feel. Have you ever felt as if everyone around you makes sense of a topic in one way while you see it completely differently? Many visual thinkers don’t know that they think this way because they assume that the way that they think is similar to everyone else. Here are a few signs that the way that you think could be more unique than you first concluded.

Many visual thinkers are naturally original.

Since visual thinkers often think in pictures without realizing it, they may often create mental movies and are day dreamers. This triggers more innovative and imaginative thinking. In turn, they are rewarded with the ability to visualize things from multiple perspectives, making them creative and fascinated with large ideas that may not seem realistic to others.

They may not excel when trying to understand topics piece by piece.

Don’t get me wrong, they are talented in witnessing connections between things. Although, they may get frustrated if they cannot see the bigger picture or the “why” in the “what” to begin with. Piece by piece thinkers can see ideas in a linear way. In contrast, a visual thinker will try to see all of the parts at once and how they interact with each other. A good way to take this into account is to imagine a 3D map of thoughts.

They are constantly taking in new things.

Due to this 3D way of thinking, they have the tendency to notice and experience more of their surroundings. This can express itself from being aware of the wind blowing outside to the kid tapping his pencil in the back of the room and back to the teacher’s explanation of logarithmic differentiation. Many visual thinkers are easily distracted, but can also feel more immersed in their atmosphere, making them great explorers.

They have the potential to remember more or have a photographic memory.

Feeling more connected with their surroundings may cause an emotional attachment to what has happened in their presence. This makes them more susceptible to remembering the details of each moment in their life that would usually be overlooked by most people. Similar to the idea of mental movies that was mentioned earlier, they will visualize memories in a picture or scene exactly how they saw it at the time.

They may have trouble putting thoughts into words.

Lots of people have trouble explaining how they feel or even putting their ideas into words. If this is you, consider the possibility that it’s because you think partly, or mainly, in pictures. Often, a person will simply label themselves as a poor communicator. In reality, it’s not the fault of the person, but the way that their brain makes sense of information. I mean, how does one put a visual scenario into words without working harder than most to say it out loud?

While there are parts of visual thinking that may be inconvenient, seeing things from different perspectives is the basis for advancement in society today. Without passion for innovation, we can’t progress as quickly in the future. Never feel abnormal if your ideas seem outlandish or unrealistic to others. After all, you are the one who can visualize them. With a little effort, they can be explained for the world to see.