25 Self Love Songs That Promote More Than Just Body Positivity

Secrets by Mary Lambert has us loving not only our bodies, but our personalities and mental health struggles, as well.

9477

Music has so much power not only in rhythms and melodies but in lyrics and messages, as well. In today's society, especially with all of the fashion and beauty "trends," it's so hard to keep track of what's really beautiful - self-love and confidence in how you were made. These 25 songs sung by powerful and inside-beautiful women (and men) belong not only on a body positivity playlist but on every playlist, as well.

1. Love Myself - Hailee Steinfeld

Ever since acting in Pitch Perfect 2, Hailee Steinfeld has made a name for herself with her music and positive lyrics. Her songs have amazing melodies and even better positive reinforcement for girls struggling with loving themselves.

2. Feeling Myself - Nicki Minaj ft. Beyoncé

This positive song about body image has two queens collaborating to bring out an amazing song. The music video includes Minaj and Beyoncé lounging in a pool and eating some awesome looking burgers while singing "I'm feeling myself" on repeat.

3. Scars To Your Beautiful - Alessia Cara

Alessia Cara broke the music industry with this song about self-love. She sings about tough stuff and the realness that our generation of girls is facing.

4. Confident - Demi Lovato

There is no doubt that since the beginning, Demi has been an absolute power house. She's progressed through the music industry while being transparent about her own struggles with body image and addiction. In this song, Demi brings an edge and an attitude to showing what it's really like to be confident - and how this society of girls should feel the same confidence that she does.

5. ***Flawless - Beyoncé ft. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Beyoncé is the essence of confidence and that shows in her music - whether she means it or not. This song about self love is the anthem that every girl should be blaring 24/7.

6. Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

This Xtina song may be old, but the lyrics are still just as encouraging and applicable as much as they were in 2002 (are we old, or what?).

7. All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor

This is another song that got really big really fast. One of the ultimate songs about body image, this anthem is not only great for girls struggling with body image issues, but it's also a favorite of the older gen, too.

8. Run the World (Girls) - Beyoncé

Another lady anthem, Beyoncé threw us this song in 2011 and it's been such an incredible confidence song ever since.

9. Come and Get It - Selena Gomez

Disney star turned bombshell, Selena has shown what it's like to be a strong, powerful, and poised woman in both pop culture, but in society, as well. This song about self love invites girls to welcome themselves as attractive and worthy.

10. Beautiful Soul - Jesse McCartney

A beautiful songs about being a beautiful soul sung by a beautiful (then) teeny-bopper? Everything about this song is amazing and screams self-love.

11. Me Too - Meghan Trainor

Meghan Trainor gave us another great power anthem. She took a powerful and prideful (in the best way) stance in this song about body positivity and self love.

12. You Don't Own Me - Grace ft. G-Eazy

This song was featured in the movie, Suicide Squad, when introducing the character of Harley Quinn (who is a bad*ss and powerful girl who takes control and is confident in herself - even if she is a villain). This song is sung by Grace and G-Eazy as a remix of the original song sung by Lesley Gore way back in 1963. Even back then, girls were singing about confidence and self love!

13. Queen - Jessie J

This song is a new release but should not be overlooked. Jessie J brings us one of the most straightforward song about body positivity and self love while still giving us a JAM.

14. Perfect - Anne-Marie

This is another song that's up and coming. However, much like Jessie J, Anne-Marie gave us a true jam with awesome themes of self love.

15. Try - Colbie Caillat

Colbie's voice is so smooth and calming. If you're looking for a slow and peaceful song about body positivity and self love, this is the song for you.

16. Most Girls - Hailee Steinfeld

Like I said earlier, Hailee has made a name for herself in the music industry and with her encouraging and powerful lyrics. This song boosts self esteem, self love, and other amazing components.

17. Who You Are - Jessie J

Jessie J threw us another song about self love in this song. Her songs vary greatly, but most of them hold such important ideas that need to be drilled into the minds of the upcoming generation.

18. Secrets - Mary Lambert

This is one of my all-time favorite songs because Mary Lambert is so open and transparent about her life and what she struggles with. In this song, she mentions her weight, her family, her mental health, and her personality quirks. Even if someone may not be able to relate to everything she says, there is at least one relatable part for anyone in her song.

19. Who Says - Selena Gomez

This song came from the time when Selena was still big in the Disney channel days but that doesn't mean that her song is any less serious or relatable. Even back then, this song about self love influenced so many girls that needed to hear this incredible message.

20. Lip Gloss - Lil Mama

This song is old and a CLASSIC. Put this on and just about everyone will sing along, clap, and stomp their feet on the beat. The best part of this song is that Lil Mama sings about confidence and self love over and over and over.