30 Things That Bring Me Back To My Childhood

Throwing it back to the good old days.

1070
Photo by Alex Blăjan on Unsplash

Nothing brings me a cool wave of serenity (mixed with some nostalgia) like being reminded of my childhood. These are some things that bring me right back to being a kid again:

1. Hiding under the covers during a storm.

2. Hearing the sound of an ice cream truck.

3. Finding your favorite stuffed animal or doll after being hidden away for years.

4. Admiring messy masterpieces of chalk left by kids on the pavement.

5. Taking a stroll through a park with swing sets and playscapes with monkey bars and slides.

6. Scrolling past shows like “The Rugrats” and “Zoe 101” on the TV guide.

7. Scratch n’ sniff stickers.

8. Putting on fashion shows for your friends to show them your newly-purchased clothes.

9. Hearing the “Goosebumps” theme song.

10. The very distinct smell of sunblock.

11. Taking a bubble bath and playing with the bubbles.

12. Dunking cookies into milk.

13. Blowing bubbles.

14. Making sandcastles and collecting seashells on the beach.

15. Pinky promises.

16. Making a wish at 11:11.

17. Competing with your friends to see who can hula-hoop the longest.

18. Sticking out your tongue to catch snowflakes.

19. Watching the scary parts of a movie through the holes of a blanket.

20. Getting brain freeze while eating ice cream.

21. Playing board games with your family on a rainy night.

22. Making snow angels.

23. Watching fireworks and being amazed at how something can be so loud and mesmerizingly beautiful at the same time.

24. Racing your friends to see who can make it to the edge of the pool and back the fastest.

25. Dancing and running around in the rain.

26. The sight of a school bus.

27. Hitting your funny-bone (and, ironically, not laughing about it).

28. Restaurant workers asking if your party will be needing a kids menu.

29. Jumping into a pile of leaves.

30. Forcing yourself to drink nasty cough syrup by holding your nose.