11 Things That 90s Kids Miss About Their Childhood

Throwback to when things were so much simpler.

1012
knowyourmeme.com

Growing up in the 90s was a blessing and a curse. We got to see some of the greatest tv shows, toys, and fashion trends. A lot has changed since then, and I think I speak for most 90s kids when I say that I'm disappointed in how kids grow up now-a-days. We grew up begging to go outside and ride bikes, while kids now throw tantrums for iPads. When it became easier to entertain children, we lost that part of childhood where we are supposed to get bruised and scrapped up from having the best times of our lives. I fear that these kids will never experience what a childhood is meant to be: a time for exploration, imagination, and interaction. So here are some great 90s trends and things from our childhood. Take notes kids.

1. Hippity Hop

This was a toy originally invented in the 60s but came back in the 90s with plenty of infomercials to influence us kids.

2. Magna Doodle

This was our version of an iPad as a kid. If we were bored in a doctor's office, this is what we brought.

3. Wonder Ball

These were the holy grails of the 90s! What's better than a huge chocolate ball with more candy inside?

4. The "Coat Tied Around Your Waist"

Remember when this was for convenience and possibly the biggest trend? Now it's an "edgy" style.

5. The Original Gameboy

Forget the iPhone, this was the best selling electronic out there! Pretty sure I still have mine somewhere!

6. The Original Cartoon Network

What happened to the original Teen Titans, Scooby Doo, and Tom and Jerry? Seriously, what happened to the good shows? Teen Titans, Go is actually such a rip off and ridiculous. It's sad to think that there will never be a new, slightly distorted episode of Tom and Jerry.

7. Pick Up Sticks

This is the best game to play when it was raining outside. It was so simple and easy. That's another thing I miss about the 90s.

8. Handheld CD Players

I never felt cooler than when my dad let me use his CD player to listen to a Metallica CD. We used to have to carry around a case full of CDs to change albums. That was the real struggle.

9. Mouse Trap

This was possibly the most fun board game around. It had all sorts of contraptions and quirky things.

10. Tamagotchi

This was the first step when possibly getting a pet. We loved it but hated it at the same time, because it would need your attention at the most inconvenient times. And if you left it alone for more than 2 hours, you killed it. Now that's how we learned responsibility.

11. Etch A Sketch

Some people can make real art on these things but I could never get past the spaghetti phase.

There are hundreds of more items that could be added to this list. Things were so simple, and I wish that my nine-year-old sister had some of these things to make her childhood better — not to say that it isn't good already, but I loved these things as a kid. They made my childhood, and most 90s kids' childhoods, so memorable.