I like to refer to Ohio as the 6 C's: Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Cows, Corn and Construction. Besides those things, there is not much worth mentioning about this state. As much as you may dislike it, as soon as someone from outside of Ohio bad-mouths it, you get angry. Its a state we love to hate and hate to love. Here's some surefire ways you know you're a true Ohioan.
1. You could drive over a 5 foot pothole and not even flinch
It's to the point now where you are actually more concerned when you're on a road without potholes.
2. Even if you don't care about football, you despise the school up north
You were born with Buckeye blood and will forever hate *ichigan.
3. You have spelled Ohio with your arms somewhere other than Ohio
Bonus points if you used a landmark as the I.
4. The only way you know how to give directions is in time increments instead of miles
Apparently saying "its 5 minutes away" is native to our dear Ohio.
5. You have never driven 10 miles without construction
At this point, there's probably more orange cones in Ohio than people.
6. Cedar Point or Kings Island are the best vacations you could ever take
Even if you've ridden every ride 100 times because its the only "vacation" you ever take, it is still one of the best ways to spend a day.
7. You know that Columbus is split down the middle on which pro teams they support
Cleveland is Browns and Indians fans, Cincinnati is Bengals and Reds fans, and Columbus just has to choose one.
8. You've probably needed shorts and a winter coat in the same day
And if not the same day, at least the same week.
9. You've been to a flea market
There's probably an annual one on your town square, or one near you.
10. You say, "you're good!" when somebody says "I'm sorry"
Somehow only Ohio stopping saying, "it's okay!"
11. You find yourself craving Skyline Chili on a weekly basis
Because what's better than cheese, spaghetti noodles and meat together?
12. And you compare every chocolate chip ice cream to Graeters
Chocolate chips that aren't the size of a boulder aren't even worth your time anymore.
13. You've eaten at at least 3 restaurants with deer heads mounted on the wall
You know you have.
14. You either love or hate Lebron James, there's no middle ground
With Ohio being James' home state, its only fair we argue about him.
15. You've said "I'm from Columbus" or "I'm from Cleveland" even when you live upwards of 45 minutes away from the city
Because nobody really would have any idea where your hometown is.
16. Every graduation party you went to had a game of corn-hole
They were probably decorated with the college the person was going to attend, and if not, it was probably scarlet and grey. Because Ohio.
17. You think people who say "soda" are wrong
It's pop, okay?
18. At any given spot, you're 5 miles away from a cornfield
You probably live next to one, behind one, or pass one on your way to work.
19. You know at least one person who's dad is a farmer
Thought of one?
20. Either you or someone you know has totaled a car due to a deer
Those deer crossing signs do not help diminish the ridiculous amount of deer killed daily by cars.
21. Every party you've ever gone to has ended around a bonfire
Because if it doesn't end around a huge fire, it wasn't really an Ohio party.
22. You don't think of Florida when Miami is mentioned
At this point you don't even say "of Ohio?" you just assume it is.
23. And you don't think of Kentucky when Bowling Green is mentioned
Where even is Bowling Green Kentucky?
24. And you don't think of Europe when Athens or Oxford is mentioned
You get the point.
25. You probably don't want to live here forever, but it will always feel like home
Ohio may not be perfect, but but we will always carry a part of it with us.