22 Things The URI Class Of 2022 Should Know Even Before Their First Class Begins​

I don't want you to embarrass yourself or make the mistakes everyone else has, even though most of you probably will.

1451

I was quite the innocent and confused freshman, not to mention also super embarrassing. Everything I have here is things every URI freshman learns eventually, with much trial and error. I'm blessing you with 22 pieces of essential info you need to know coming into URI.

I don't want you to embarrass yourself or make the mistakes everyone else has, even though most of you will probably make some of those mistakes regardless. I hope you learn something!

1. "Caroline" by Aminé will be played far too many times at parties

2. There are no frat parties at the frat houses, don't look a fool and line up outside of them thinking there's going to be any parties at the beginning of the year

3. Don't smoke in your room, be smart and go somewhere else

4. Go to Hope for good salads and Butt for good nugs and omelets

5. DO NOT SKIP CLASS! You'll be setting yourself up for failure

6. Don't blow your Ram Card money all in one month, be savvy with your spending

7. You'll either love your roommate or hate them, and if the problem can't be solved, Housing can move you out fast AF

8. URI is hella cliquey, it's almost like you never left high school sometimes

9. The second floor of the library is straight up Greek Life and you'll never get work done. SO if you want to get work done, try the first floor if you like noise or the third, which is no noise

10. Football games suck (sorry), basketball games are where it's at so invest in Rhody Ruckus

11. Order On-The-Go or get to Dunks during off-times in the morning, like while everyone is in class, or you'll be stuck in line for an eternity

12. Hillside is overrated, it's got nice lounges but that's really it

13. Avoid the "I don't want a relationship right now but I want you to do relationship things with me anyway" guys and gals. You're worth someone who wants to commit to you and I learned that far too late

14. Don't seclude yourself in your dorm because you have a significant other and want to talk to them 24/7. You'll end up with a very small pool of people willing to chill with you

15. Don't be the roommate who sexiles your other roomate(s) all the time, it's rude and annoying

16. I rushed as a sophomore and I don't regret it, but I highly recommend both guys and girls to do it as freshmen. Be involved as much as you can in your fraternity or sorority and in Greek 101 (which sucks to go to but it's not that bad)

17. Please don't be a disgusting slob in the bathrooms. Your fellow hallmates, not to mention the janitorial staff who work their butts off to clean after you, would really appreciate it

18. University Spirit at the top of campus in the Emporium has super cute URI and Greek Life apparel and it's not as expensive as getting it from the Bookstore

19. They're also adding Insomnia Cookies to the Emporium. You're welcome.

20. Don't stand around in the middle of where people walk in the dining halls, it makes the upperclassmen very triggered

21. Be thankful for freshmen dorms and elevators... next year if you're stuck in the Sophomore Slums, you'll regret saying your dorm sucked

22. GA concert tickets aren't the best, you're honestly better off sitting because you can actually go pee and not worry about losing a spot (go to as many concerts as you can, just saying)