19 Anime Characters Who Should Be Our Presidential Candidates
Politics

Just imagine the range of emotions and characteristic contrasts we would see during debates!

390
ACS Law

The United States 2016 presidential election (as are most presidential elections) is probably one of the most controversial and most passion-generating election we have seen. From the selection of candidates to their proposed political agendas and ideas, the media keeps buzzing everyday about it along with the people of the country. Many have voiced concern, though, over the presidential candidates and some feel that none of the candidates are good choice for president. But, what if instead of the current candidates, our candidates were anime characters? Here are nineteen anime characters who should be our presidential candidates for 2016!

Ouran High School Host Club

Name: Haruhi Fujioka

Political Policy: support LGBTQ rights and activism; will make college education free; introduce more scholarships to students in high school and in college

Qualification Highlights: Her father and herself are genderqueer; responsible and straightforward; cannot be charmed easily

Name: Tamaki Suoh

Political Policy: Cover the world in roses and glitter; will work for the people and to please the people; support LGBTQ and women's rights activism

Qualification Highlights: President of the Ouran High School Host Club; dedicated to his duties

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Name: Edward Elric (President) and Alphonse Elric (Vice President)

Political Policy: Scientific advancement; develop regulations for ethics in science and technology; support women in STEM; strengthen homeland security; push for world peace

Qualification Highlights: In an alternate universe, brought down an underground faction of the Nazi regime in WWII Germany; experience in fighting and in the military

Name: Roy Mustang (President) and Riza Hawkeye (Vice President)

Political Policy: Miniskirts and dogs; strengthen homeland security; improved living for refugees; push for world peace; support women's rights, especailly in the military

Qualification Highlights: Served as colonel and then general for Amestris; loyal to those who work for him and works for the best interest of the people; is a flame alchemist

Name: Izumi Curtis

Political Policy: Support women's rights and women in STEM; improve lower and middle-class living; improve medical care

Qualification Highlights: Proud housewife; experience fighting; has trained and worked with military state alchemists

Name: Olivier Armstrong

Political Policy: Support Women's rights, especially in the military; strengthen homeland security; make the lives of people safer from home and foreign threats

Qualification Highlights: Held position as major general in Amestris military and was in charge of protecting the nation's border in the north; values lives of people and is loyal to those who serve her and are under her care; experience with war

And as an honorable mention...

Name: Father a.k.a The Dwarf in the Flask

Political Policy: Taking over the entire world; eternal life for people and the country

Qualification Highlights: Attempted to swallow Truth (a.k.a The Eye of God); swallowed the souls of an entire kingdom; is a homunculus

Yeah, no. Seriously, don't vote for him (or, rather, it).

Avatar: The Last Airbender

Name: Aang

Political Policy: Push for world peace; maintain defensive strategy; strengthen homeland security; support human rights activism

Qualification Highlights: He's the Avatar; defeated Fire Lord Ozai in a peaceful way; experience with wars

Name: Toph

Political Policy: Making life for the disabled easier; improving law enforcement

Qualification Highlights: Has taken down an entire Fire Nation airship platoon; known as the Blind Bandit for her martial arts and bending skills; held position as Chief of Police in Republic City

Name: Zuko

Political Policy: Advocate for world peace; maintain defensive strategy; improve law enforcement; protection for endangered species; supporthuman rights activism

Qualification Highlights: Has served as Fire Lord for the Fire Nation; diplomacy skills; doesn't hesitate to take action in the face of danger; has helped in his uncle's tea shop

I guess if he wins, we can all say "everything changed when the fire nation attacked the election...and won".

Name: Iroh

Political Policy: Advocate for world peace; maintain defensive strategy; create a national holiday for the game of Pai Sho and tea; protection of endangered species; improve war veteran living; supporthuman rights activism

Qualification Highlights: War veteran; has held positions in the upper ranks of the military; two dragons deemed him worthy of the secret to fire bending

Studio Ghibli

Name: San (from Princess Mononoke)

Political Policy: Environmental policies; supportwomen's rights

Qualification Highlights: Has worked very closely with forest spirits and was raised by one; experience fighting

Name: Sosuke (from Ponyo)

Political Policy: Environmental policies; maintain defensive strategy; improved living for refugees and the elderly; supporthuman and women's rights activism

Qualification Highlights: Straightforward; can handle pressurizing situations effectively and calmly; experience working with ocean experts

Name: Calcifer (from Howl's Moving Castle)

Political Policy: Maintain defensive strategy; support human rights activism; burn the bacon of those who try to overpower

Qualification Highlights: He's a fire demon and can therefore provide non-human perspective on things

Name: Nausicaa (from Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind)

Political Policy: Scientific advancement; environmental policies; support human and women's rights; maintain defensive strategy; push for world peace

Qualification Highlights: Experience with war negotiations; has successfully stopped a disasterous war in the making; developed a way to make toxic plants non-toxic

Name: Arrietty (from The Borrower Arrietty)

Political Policy: Improved living for refugees; support human and women's rights; improved healthcare

Qualification Highlights: Bold and adventurous; a borrower

Name: Fio Piccolo (from Porco Rosso)

Political Policy: Support women's rights; improve opportunities for women in STEM; improve the air force

Qualification Highlights: Worked as a successful aircraft designer and flight mechanic; president of Piccolo Aircraft Company; humble living

Sound of the Sky

Name: Rio Kazumiya

Political Policy: Support women's rights, especially in the military; defensive strategy; push for world peace and democracy

Qualification Highlights: Held position as Lieutenant in the military; has experience with war negotiations; comes from a line of military and country leaders

And, if none of the above have swayed you to vote for them yet...

Drum roll please....

Hetalia: Axis Powers

Name: America

Political Policy: Bringing heroes, justice and freedom to the country; make life comfortable for those residing in the country; strengthen homeland security

Qualification Highlights: Knows the country and its people inside out; over-energetic; likes hamburgers

You can always vote for the country to run itself! After all, no one knows America and its people better than America!

Surely, having anime characters as our presidential candidates for any election would make it the most interesting and amusing election. Just imagine the range of emotions and characteristic contrasts (along with maybe some bending and alchemy) we would see during debates! But, no matter what you think of the election and who you support to be the next president of the United States, the important thing is to go and vote! Happy voting, everyone!