16 Thoughts Of A Zumba Beginner

16 Thoughts Of A Zumba Beginner

Disclaimer: You only look half as dumb as you think.

218
16 Thoughts Of A Zumba Beginner

I have recently started to attend student-run Zumba classes at my college. I do not actually have any coordination, but I thought it would be an easy workout to get into and keep up with consistently. Thirty seconds into the first song of the class, I realized I was way out of my league and way out of shape. Every song that passed, though, I found myself getting more into the dance routines. My nonexistent ability to dance mattered very little to the people around me. As long as you are moving, you blend in fairly well with the crowd. Despite feeling pretty dumb majority of the time, it’s definitely something I recommend . Here are 16 thoughts I had throughout my first Zumba class.

1. Why is that girl in spandex?

It is below freezing outside, and we are about to start dancing. Don’t those things ride up?

2. Do my arms always look so noodlie?

Those can’t be what my arms look like on a regular basis. Must be the lighting.

3. I’m 96 percent percent sure I’m not doing this right.

I swear there was a time I knew my left from right better than this.

4. How do I shake my booty like that?

It looks so effortless. I definitely look like an idiot trying to shake my butt, but it’s somehow my favorite part of the routine.

5. How do I GET a booty like that?

I bet it would make shaking it a whole lot easier.

6. I’m too white for this.

My apologies to the back row.

7. Is anyone else sweating this much?

Passing out at a Zumba class is most likely frowned upon.

8. I need to invest in a pair of spandex.

Clearly, that girl knows what she is doing and looks good doing it.

9. My legs may or may not give out at any given second.

I’m going to be splattered on the floor in about two minutes if we keep up this pace.

10. Oh, is that smell me?

Yikes. At least my roommate is here and can attest to this class’s level of difficulty

11. I need to put more Enrique Iglesias on my playlists.

I feel slightly more motivated after every verse played.

12. Since when is being a regular at a Zumba class a thing?

The entire front row is in sync. They know all of the moves to every song, and I am at least three routines behind.

13. I want to be a regular.

Every Monday and Thursday, I will be here – if I can ever walk again.

14. Squats aren’t dancing, they're torture.

This answers the booty question, though.

15. I’m going to ask that girl where she got her spandex.

This GIF is the actual Google result.

16. Should I be looking at myself in the mirror or the instructor?

This is getting awkward. She’s probably use to this though, right? There are a lot of mirrors.

I really am going to try to keep up with going to these classes because honestly, they are a ton of fun. Plus, my friends and the entire back row have no idea what they are doing, either, so I never feel too bad tripping over my own two feet.