15 Makeup Dupes That Will Save You Money

And who doesn't like saving money?

1418

As a college student with a large collection of makeup, I am always looking for new products without breaking the bank. For the most part prestige, or high-end, makeup is fairly consistent in quality. However, mass makeup is a different story. Here are the top 15 dupes I could find.

1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation ($59) vs. L’Oreal True Match ($10.95)

Giorgio Armani foundation is a beautiful foundation. If you look up virtually any beauty blogger, I’m sure they have raved about it. Personally, I have used L’Oreal True Match for months and 10/10 I would absolutely recommend.

2. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($30) vs. NYX Photo-Loving Primer ($10)

Primers can make or break how your makeup wears. My advice is to invest in a good primer that will help your foundation apply easy and stay on all day. With NYX having such a quality primer, save money and go to ULTA to grab their primer.

3. Lancôme Artliner Liquid Eyeliner Pen ($30) vs. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Liquid Liner ($8.99)

From every liquid liner I’ve used (and trust me, there’s been plenty) I have never found a high-end liner that outshined my drugstore liners. I have gone through multiple L’Oreal liquid liners and will continue repurchase them. If you’re looking for an easy to use, pigmented liner, this one if for you.

4. Tarte Clay Pot Liner ($21) vs. Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner ($9.99)

I’m a huge fan of Tarte. Not only are they a high-quality brand, but also they are a non-cruelty brand. But, I will always choose the Maybelline Gel Liner over any other liner. It will last you for months and it is the blackest eyeliner you can find!

5. Benefit POREfessional ($31) vs. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer ($4.79)

POREfessional is a cult classic. I’ll be the first to say it’s worth every single penny. But, why spend the money when there’s a dupe you can find at the drugstore? If you want a pore erasing primer, I would definitely recommend looking at Maybelline primers.

6. Kylie Lip Kit in Dolce ($29) vs. Colourpop Cosmetics Lip in Beeper ($6)

I will always vouch for Colourpop Cosmetics. I would compare Colourpop to a more affordable Tarte type of brand because they're a high quality, cruelty free brand. With all the inconsistencies with Kylie’s lip kits, I would 100 percent recommend checking out Colourpop online.

7. MAC Lip Pencil ($16) vs. NYX Slim Lip Pencil ($3.50)

Regardless of the shade, I would always recommend NYX over MAC. MAC is expensive and continues to test on animals (which is a whole different article) and virtually does the same thing. Do yourself a favor, save some money and buy a NYX lip pencil if you’re in the market for one.

8. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess ($36) vs. Rimmel London Natural Bronzer ($4.99)

Bronzers are tough to find a perfect shade that doesn’t look like you just rubbed your face in mud. The Rimmel London bronzer isn’t too orange or two brown and gives the sun-kissed, summer glow people look for in a bronzer.

9. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream ($39) vs. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream ($7.49)

I have always been a fan of BB crèmes, especially over the summer. Maybelline BB cream is the best BB cream I’ve ever used. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone, especially those with dry skin.

10. NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo ($42) vs. e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder ($3)

E.l.f. is widely known in the cosmetic industry for how insanely affordable it is. Not only does it save you money, but also it is a high-quality brand. When shopping for a new Duo, check e.l.f.

11. Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation ($35) vs. NYX Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation ($11.99)

Both foundations are full coverage and matte. NYX is a consistently beautiful brand. Save yourself about $23 and try the NYX foundation.

12. Kylie Lip Kit True Brown K ($29) vs. Colourpop Cosmetics Limbo ($6)

I know I already gave a Kylie vs. Colourpop Dupe, but they’re made at the same factory so why not get a cheaper, easier to find lip? With all the issues with Kylie’s Lip Kits (impossible to get, broken applicators, etc.), go online and buy some Colourpop!

13. MAC Candy Yum Yum ($17) vs. Maybelline Fuchsia Flush ($7.99)

If you’re looking for a super hot pink, look no further. This electric pink lip is available at the drugstore and won't break the bank.

14. Dior Diorshow Mascara ($27.50) vs. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara ($5.99)

As someone who is obsessed with lashes, I’m always looking for new, better mascaras. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Diorshow Mascara. L’Oreal mascara leaves the same long, think lashes as Diorshow does.

15. MAC Shadow Singles ($16) vs. NYX Single shadows ($4.49)

For the most part, the formulas are virtually the same. Because there are so many similarities, I can’t list all of the MAC singles you can find in the NYX line. I would absolutely recommend NYX shadows!