20 Bible Verses For Every Emotion

20 Bible Verses For Every Emotion

Anger, sadness, happiness, joy, frustration? Simply remember, God loves you.
10100

Is everything going wrong in your day today? Are you angry, stressed, fearful, or sad? Do you need an uplifting thought to help you overcome today? Here, I have compiled a list of 20 Bible verses to read when your emotions get the best of you, or if your day is going wonderful and you are simply looking to give glory and praise to God.

1. Happy

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:14

God is always present. He knows everything from the number of hairs on your head to the dreams you have every night. In times of happiness, we should praise God for He has made the world in which we live, our friends, our family, and all of the things we hold near to our heart. Therefore, in times of happiness look to God and praise Him, for He loves you so.

2. Sad

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

When you are feeling sad or upset, turn to God and pray to Him. Ask Him for comfort, strength, and healing. Ask Him for whatever is on your mind; He is always listening and He will not turn His back on you.

3. Surprised

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Did things not go your way? Are you questioning how God could do this to you? Please, trust in the Lord. He understands what is best for you even though you may not understand it at the time. God always has His best interests in mind for you; trust in Him and He will guide you.

4. Anxious

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phillipians 4:6

Are you worried about bills, college, family problems, job securities, or the government? God tells us never to worry or be doubtful, for with prayer anything is possible. God will provide for you, He will keep you safe; although He may be testing you, never lose sight of Him, He will not give you things that you are not capable of handling.

5. Fear

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD himself is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

Always trust in the Lord. Although we live in a world of hate and terror, God has a place for you in Heaven. He will not leave you, trust in Him, and you will have salvation forever.

6. Confident

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Are you lacking confidence? Look to God for He has made you in His perfect image and He believes you are beautiful. Have peace with yourself knowing that God loves you.

7. Anticipation

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Do not worry, God is with you wherever you go. He has a plan for you and He will provide for you.

8. Tired

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

When you're tired and don't think you can carry on any longer, pray. Pray to God for strength and He will stand by your side every step of the way as you show the world your strength.

9. Joy

"Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted." Isaiah 49:13

Even when you are experiencing one of your happiest moments, the Bible tells us to praise God. Sing praises to Him, shout His name, show Him that you love Him and are thankful for Him.

10. Courage

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Although having courage can seem hard sometimes, always move forward knowing that God has your back.

11. Pity

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:6-7

Always stay humble. If you're feeling pity upon someone, cast your sorrows in God and He will humble you.

12. Patience

"Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6

Things will come in good time, at the perfect moment. Have patience and trust in Him knowing He will provide for you. God always has a plan, and His plan is perfect, trust in it.

13. Caution

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Proceed with caution, but know God is always there pushing you along.

14. Love

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud." 1 Corinthians 13:4

God loves you. Love others as He has loved you and you will be blessed.

15. Hope

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Always have hope knowing the the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus is in your future. He has a spot reserved next to Him in Heaven for you, that alone should always give you hope.

16. Confusion

"Be on your guard; stand firm in faith; be courageous; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13

When feeling confused, look to God. He will restore your clarity and guide you down the correct path when making a decision.

17. Stress

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Before every big event in my life I pray. I pray to God to give me strength, confidence, safety, and security. If I have a big exam, I pray to Him to clear my mind, strengthen my focus, and remember the knowledge I worked so hard to study for. For the most part, God always provides. If I don't get the grade I desired, it wasn't God's fault, it was mine for not preparing more beforehand. Therefore, trust in Him, but work hard as well for then you will reap the rewards.

18. Kind

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32

God loves you, as a Christian it is your duty to love others as God loves you. Be the example for others to follow in, believe in yourself, but most importantly have faith in God for He will provide.

19. Anger

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." James 1:19-20

Do unto others as God has done to you. Therefore, do not be angry, but instead show love and compassion for those around us, show them God's unfailing love.

20. Trust

"Trust in the LORD with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Always trust in God for He will provide for you. You do not know what you want or need, but God does. He has a plan for you and his plan is perfect, trust in Him.

Finally, I leave you with this, God loves you, He will always listen to your innermost thoughts and prayers, God will protect you from all harm, and He gives you the greatest gift of all, the promise of eternal life through Him in heaven.