15 Of The Best 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes To Heal Your Soul

These Grey's quotes hit close to home every time.

355
Wiki Commons

Grey's Anatomy has provided us with countless amounts of knowledge. Whether it be we have contracted some sort of rare illness, or that no matter how bad it seems life still goes on. Here are 15 of Grey's Anatomy quotes that always hit close to home.

1. "You can have the worst crap in the world happen to you and you can get over it. All you gotta do is survive."

2. "It’s one of those things people say. ‘You can’t move on until you let go of the past.’ Letting go is the easy part, it’s the moving on that’s painful. So sometimes we fight it, trying to keep things the same. Things can’t stay the same though. At some point, you just have to let it go. Move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it’s the only way we grow."

3. "Change: We don’t like it, we fear it, but we can’t stop it from coming. We either adapt to change, or we get left behind. It hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn’t is lying. But here’s the truth: Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes change is good. Sometimes change is everything."

4. "You didn't love her! You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was good for your ego. Or maybe, she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her because you don't destroy the person you love."

5. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than everyone here, and don't give a damn what anyone thinks. You're on your own. Be on your own."

6. "If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there."

7. "It's good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose."

8. "There's this person inside my head. She's brilliant, capable. She's me, only so much better. and I'm afraid I'll never become this person."

9. "If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and start demanding more."

10. "What's broken can be mended, what's hurt can be healed. No matter how dark it gets, the sun's gonna rise again."

11. "You were like coming up for fresh air. It's like I was drowning and you saved me."

12. "There's an end to every storm. Once all the trees have been uprooted, once all the houses have been ripped apart, the wind will hush, the clouds will part, the rain will stop. The sky will clear in an instant and only then, in those quiet moments after the storm, do we learn who was strong enough to survive it."

13. "That's how you stay alive. When it hurts so much you can't breathe, that's how you survive, By remembering that, one day somehow, impossibly, you won't feel this way. It won't hurt this much."

14. "Don't ever date a man who can't handle your power."

15. "I don't know why we all hang on to something we know we're better off letting go. It's like were scared to lose what we don't even really have. Some of us say we'd rather have that something than absolutely nothing, but the truth is, to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all."