10 Life Lessons We Learned From 'Grey's Anatomy'

Meredith Grey and Co. offer some sound advice from time to time.

76
Hulu

Throughout the past decade, "Grey's Anatomy" has managed to capture the hearts of millions of people all around the world. One of the things that makes this show so popular is the advice given by the show's headline character, Meredith Grey. However, the show is full of life lessons, and they don't always come from Meredith Grey. There are plenty of other characters with thoughtful insights as well. Here are 10 life lessons that "Grey's Anatomy" has taught us.

1. The importance of free food

This one speaks for itself.

2. Learning to ask for help when you need it

"At some point you just have to let go, move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it's the only way we grow." — Meredith Grey

3. The importance of friendship

"We're friends, real friends. And that means, no matter how long it takes, when you finally decide to look back, I'll still be here." — Meredith Grey

4. It's OK to fail

"Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying." — Meredith Grey

5. Make every day count

Strive to make each day better than the last.

6. Change is good

"Sometimes the more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes change is good. Sometimes change is… everything." — Meredith Grey

7. Don't take yourself too seriously

Sometimes, all you really need to do is dance it out.

8. Always chase after what you love

"Did you say it? 'I love you.' 'I don't ever want to live without you.' 'You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then look around; drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." — Meredith Grey

9. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Just keep swimming.

10. The best is yet to come

"We spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future, as if figuring it out will cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is the home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes. But one thing is certain when it finally reveals itself. The future is never the way we imagined it." — Meredith Grey