Grey’s Anatomy is a show that has been there for some of us since there very beginning and for others, they have found later on in life just how great it is. There have been times where Grey’s Anatomy gave you some of the best relationship advice out there for every situation you found yourself in. So here are fifteen things Grey’s Anatomy has taught us about relationships.
1. Don't Blame Yourself For Who You Love
Just because you fall in love with someone you shouldn't, that does not make it your fault.
2. Some People Will Leave and That is Life
3. Sometimes just because you love someone doesn’t mean you need to be with them.
Loving someone and being happy don't always fall into the same category.
Being single is not the end of the world, it is just the start of your own chapter on loving yourself.
5. Love is a scary and big thing, and you can’t always hide from it.
There is a reason that they call it love sick, nothing feels right without them.
6. You will love someone again, just because you’re heart is broken does not mean it won’t heal.
You will love millions of people, and one heartbreak just puts you one step closer to that big and final love.
7. Never let an Ex Keep Hurting You
They already broke your heart, they don't deserve to be the person who makes you cry.
Enjoy it and don’t question it.
9. Make Every Moment you Have With Them Count
Even if it isn't for as long as you want it to be.
And you will be okay, never forget that.
11. It’s okay to give up, that does not make you weak.
Sometimes fighting for it, just makes it worse.
12. Sometimes saying I love you can do more harm than good.
13. When you find this kinda love, do everything you can to hold onto it.
14. Never let someone make you lose yourself in a relationship. You deserve more than that.
Always be your own person, never be who you aren't.
15. And lastly always have that best-friend/ person you can call on no matter what is going on.
So thank you Grey's Anatomy for years of relationship lessons and advice. With only 15 pieces of advice written about and even more hidden gems within your show. Through all our ups and downs, we will always know we can rely on you to help us when we fall.