13 Songs That Made My Summer Amazing

13 Songs That Made My Summer Last A Little Bit Longer

If I had to describe my summer in one word it would be MUSIC.

43

Summer 2018 treated me very well. With the new releases in music and new discovery of artists and songs, I was able to bond with people over new and old pieces. Here's a short compilation of songs that I bonded with people over the past few months.

1. Attention by Rich Brian (Feat. Offset)

If you haven't heard of Rich Brian yet, you need to give him a listen ASAP. He has an infectious flow AND he makes most of his beats. Anyone should give him a listen if they want to have a party in your car, room, anywhere.

2. Summertime Magic by Childish Gambino

This is the single everyone needed to end their summertime fun. The beat reminds me of his past work in Kauai and reminds me of sitting on a beach. Listening to the song in the winter will definitely make me reminiscent of this time. Also, I was not expecting Donald Glover to release not one but TWO new songs to end the summer.

3. A$AP Forever by A$AP Rocky

I discovered this song after Rocky released his new and long awaited album "TESTING". With the Moby Feature and the music video that perfectly captures the song, there is no doubt this song was blasting nearly every day no matter what activity I was doing.

4. After The Storm by Kali Uchis (Feat. Tyler the Creator and Bootsy Collins)

An incredibly chill and relaxing song that screams summer. The Bootsy Collins intro brings a twist to the song, Tyler's verse is also spectacular. It's a soothing summer jam that is one for the books.

5. Icon by Jaden Smith

My best friend introduced me to Jaden Smith, and I'm so glad that she did. His music is perfect to blast in your car or to get hyped up. This song is ICON-ic.

6. Love It If We Made It by The 1975

This song gives me memories of "Robbers" and "Love Me"

7. Westside by The Kooks

I was also introduced to The Kooks after going to one of their concerts in Chicago this summer. They are an alternative rock band that has been around for more than a decade now, and their music is timeless.

8. The Ultracheese by The Arctic Monkeys

The Arctic Monkeys finally released an album after a five year hiatus, and it was well worth the hype. The last song, "The Ultracheese" has the best name and has a unique piano style to the song. Alex Turner's vocals haunt the track, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

9. Thru These Tears by LANY

LANY has an upcoming album "Malibu Nights" on the way and I am very excited to hear the album. I have listened to their first album several times on road trips. This song is a perfect example of what a LANY song is and this was another nice addition to the albums that came out.

10. Heart It Races (Dr Dog Version)

This is a very light summer tune that always brightens my mood. Whenever life seemed a little too hectic, I could play this song and feel OK again.

11. 911/Mr. Lonely by Tyler The Creator

Here we are with Tyler again. I think he has the perfect summertime music with his interesting beats that compliment his awesome flow. There are a lot of his songs that I could add to the playlist, but that would be extremely repetitive. This is the one that was a staple for the summer because it's fun and light-hearted, which makes it good to play around your peers.

12. Cucumber Water by Biskwiq

I remember I was hanging out at my friend's house when he showed me this song and how interesting the artist is. The beats are organized and layered, but soft and subtle. When the beat drops, you hear 50 Cent's "In Da Club" playing in the background but it all comes together beautifully.

13. Potato Salad by Tyler The Creator & A$AP Rocky

This is a very new song but I am obsessed with this song. I've already mentioned these artists a few times already, but together they are a lyrical masterpiece. Rocky is a very chill with Tyler's prominent voice. They just need to put this on Spotify already.