Transfers get a weird rep at universities. Unlike Freshmen, transfers already have a feel of what college is and most transfers already know what their major is and what their plans are after college. But of course, transfers still need the help and support they need.
1. You're going to have major FOMO no matter what.Giphy
Everybody seems to have their own friend groups. People may have found a club or Org. they really love. And there may be underclassmen in higher org. positions than you. IT'S OK!
2. There's a lot of pressure to maximize your college experience.Giphy
3. Dorming is fine. Commuting is fine. Getting an apartment is fine.Giphy
4. Hit the ground running.Giphy
5. It's ok to wear your school spirit.Giphy
6. GO to football games. GO to club events. MAKE friends! HAVE FUN.Giphy
7. Take pride in being a transfer.
UCLA transfer center
8. You may get imposter's syndrome.Giphy
9. You'll probably have to ask an underclassman for directions.Giphy
10. Soak in every minute of University life, you only have 2 years of it.Giphy
11. Don't ever regret transferring.Giphy
12. You will meet other transfers!Giphy
13. Don't be afraid to run for Org. positions.Giphy
14. Do your research on your minor before your first week of school.Giphy
15. Don't be afraid to start something new at your University.
listen to the cheese it. you can do it.Giphy
Start a club. Start a non-profit. It's never too late
16. Acknowledge that you have less wiggle room than most students.
accurate depiction of you starting your first year at universityGiphy