13 People You Will Find At The Gym

13 People You Will Find At The Gym

With personas like these, it's no wonder some avoid exercising at the gym altogether.

1086
13 People You Will Find At The Gym
ABC News

If you visit the gym regularly, then you know there's all kinds of characters you'll witness while you work out.

There's plenty of respectable people that you might come to admire at the gym for their grind. On the other hand, if you want to get a good workout in, there's a few type of people you want to avoid.

Unfortunately, however, these personas can't always be avoided:

1. The Loud One

They are man. Hear them roar—literally. It doesn't matter what their weight class is. These guys have to remind the rest of the gym-goers that they are present and they aren't messing around with their weightlifting. Grunting isn't enough unfortunately. After finishing their routine, they release the weight bar in a manner resulting in an obnoxiously loud thud.

2. The Conversationalists

You rarely see these people exercising because they're too busy being social butterflies. Let's be honest, although the gym is a place one can meet cool people, it isn't most people's intention to make friends or meet their lifelong partner here. The average person wants to get through their routine and get back home as quickly as possible. These people will only distract your from "entering the zone" while you workout.

3. Wannabe Fitness Models

The people who have to post about their weight loss or muscle gains after each and every visit to the gym. Often times they'll have a friend or bystander take pictures and/or videos of them performing their routine.

4. Eye Candy

This is that hot person who catches your eye every time you see them at the gym. They also happen to end up exercising near or right next to you, which resultantly distracts the hell out of you. You try not to stare too long, but you find yourself and them making more eye contact than expected. Whether you have a shot or not, you will never know because this person typically winds up next to you by chance and not intentionally.

5. Machine Hog

At first glance you might catch them exercising for a few reps then suddenly, their eyeballs are glued to their phone and the only muscles that are getting a "workout" are their finger muscles as they text away. No one said you can't come to the gym and notexercise, but how about not exercising someplace that isn't a machine, which could be used by someone who actually will utilize it.

6. Glam Girls

The women who actually spent time on their physical appearance before heading to the gym. Explain to me why they wear makeup and jewelry when they're about to break a sweat? Oh right. They typically spend about 10-15 minutes on the StairMaster/treadmill before they take off.

7. Unmentionables

Translation: the older naked gentlemen/women who parade around the locker rooms and single sex saunas bearing it all. They may disturb the younger crowd, but you got to hand it to them, they're clearly the most comfortable in their skin regardless of their appearance.

8. The Personal “Trainer”

People who tell you how to gym properly. Did I ask you for your input? They let you know you can workout with them anytime, but it's clear they might have an ulterior motive in mind—a different form of exercise if you catch my drift.

9. The Walking Ad

The people who are all decked out in Nike, Adidas or any other popular fitness brand. They dress to impress, but wind up looking like try-hards. Since when did it matter what you sport at the gym? As long as you're clad in athletic wear then it's safe to say you are going to aesthetically fit in just fine.

10. "Relationship Goals" Couple

Every gym's very own pair of Greek gods and goddesses. You admire and envy them at the same time. They may perform some exercises alone, but when they work together in maintaining their perfect bods, is where the "goals" part comes into play in "relationship goals."

11. Noobs

These people haven't visited the gym in a very long time—or ever—and that fact is clear to everyone. They tend to wander the gym like a lost puppy because they are not sure what machine they'd like to tackle first. Trying to interpret the machine's directions alone can pose as a challenge for the noobs unfortunately.

12. The Old Ironman/Woman

The old people that will put you to shame. Just when you thought you were so fit, these gym-goers will make you rethink your fitness progress. You think to yourself how an 80-year-old can run faster and longer than you, lift heavier weights and hang upside down from a bar while performing successful reaches?!

13. Gym Slobs

Arguably the worst group of people. They leave their mess behind for you to deal with. They're the kind of person who will "forget" their filthy towel at the machines or not put the weights and workout gear back where they belong. On the plus side, at least you're getting some kind of an arm workout when you're removing their obnoxiously heavyweights from the machine you're about to use.