11 Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle

11 Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle

It's time to start now

34
11 Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say “I’m working out for my spring break body.” I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing to want to look good on spring break or during the summer. I mean who doesn’t enjoy feeling good about themselves? The problem is with that is people only care about working out and being healthy for a short period of time and that’s not the way it should be. Living a healthy lifestyle should be a goal in everyone’s life. I’m not at where I want to be at living a healthy life style, but using some of these tips is a great way to get yourself started.

Here are 11 ways to get yourself a healthy lifestyle

Stop making excuses

We all make them, doesn’t matter if we are beginners or not. I’ve made excuses about going to the gym and regretted them later.

Make a schedule

If you have a busy schedule due to work or school, try to plan accordingly. Making a schedule is good for you because it can help keep you organized and keep control of your life. When it comes to exercise, you can always find a way to fit in a good 30 minutes of cardio in your life. You have 24 hours in a day, 30 minutes is nothing.

Get exercise

You can get exercise in so many ways. You can run, walk, go to Zumba classes, weight train, and swim. The options are endless. Make sure you pick exercises you enjoy because you’ll be more willing to do them. I’m not a fan of running, so I won’t do it but I replace it with a good Zumba class or 30 minutes on an elliptical.

Eat healthier

You can’t just get exercise and expect to lose weight if you continuously eat unhealthy foods. You should trade in the processed foods and try to make your own meals as well as eat salads more often. It can be hard if you don’t have much to choose from, especially if you are in college and live in the dorms but it is still achievable.

Drink water

Water is so important to our bodily functions. It helps remove waste and carry nutrients and oxygen throughout our body. The excuse that water doesn’t taste good is not a good excuse. I thought like that once. Try adding a lime, lemon, or cucumber to your water. It adds a little flavor and may make it easier to drink.

Sleep enough

When you don’t sleep enough, you tend to eat more foods and unfortunately it’s usually junk food. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy sleeping?

Cut out soda

Soda causes weight gain and even if you are trying to gain weight, this should not be a part of your diet. Both regular and diet soda have been linked to obesity. The amount of sugar in soda is also not the best for you.

Cut out alcohol

I feel like this is an obvious one, but a lot of people don’t understand how bad alcohol is for you. It can seriously impact the functioning of many of our organs such as the liver, lungs, and brain. I personally don’t understand how someone can say they are healthy and will work out but the next thing you know they are drinking 2000 calories in alcohol two to three times a week.

Do things you enjoy

This can be anything. When you incorporate activities you enjoy into your life, it can provide a since of happiness and is very good for your overall well-being. For myself, I like to hang out with friends, watch Disney movies, or go long-boarding.

Remember it’s okay to say no

We’ve all been there. We want that pizza, cheesy bread, or ice cream. It’s okay if you have a cheat day or cheat meal, but you can always say no to a food. You are in control.

Love yourself and get the negativity out of your life

You can love yourself the way you are but still want to change your lifestyle. Stop comparing yourself to others, especially your friends. A majority of my friends are relatively small and I can’t stress enough how much my life has changed when I stopped comparing myself to them. We are all different when it comes to exercising. What works for me, might not work for them.