10 Signs You're Completely Obsessed With Disney

Only a true fanatic will have all ten.

366
ytimg

In my extremely Disney-obsessed eyes, there are two types of people in this world: the ones that love Disney and the ones that don't care about it. As I get older, I'm realizing how obsessed I am with everything Disney-related. Being a Disney geek is all about a person's upbringing and childhood. The children who sat in front of their TV's for hours on end watching "Cinderella," "Peter Pan," "Lady and The Tramp," Disney sing-alongs and all of the other classics have the Disney obsession instilled in them. These children are the same ones who found themselves still in love with everything Disney and Disney World as adults. These Disney lovers have a deep appreciation for Disney and all of the best memories it gave them throughout their life. There are a few easy ways to find out if you are obsessed with Disney too:

1. You listen to Disney music.

On a stressful day, or maybe even on a really good day, Disney music is a go to in the car. If the Disney Pandora station is on your phone, there is a good chance you are obsessed with Disney. There is also a good chance that your belting these tunes out as loud as you can.

2. A day in a Disney World park is a mission.

A true Disney nerd just doesn't stop on a day spent in any of the parks in Disney World. These special people get to the park at opening and stay until closing. There is no such thing as just not going on a ride, true Disney lovers have an appreciation for every ride, the classics like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain, and even the People Mover and the Carousel of Progress. Disney geeks are emotionally hurt by people who refuse to ride on the Small World ride because it's "boring". If you don't know what those rides are you're officially not completely obsessed with Disney.

3. You can't go to Disney without going into countless gift shops and buying souvenirs.

Nothing says Disney geek like a 70 dollar Stitch stuffed animal. Disney nerds physically cannot visit Disney without buying anything. Whether it's an adorable stuffed animal or pillow pet, stationary or a Mickey shaped candy apple that's almost too pretty to eat, Disney geeks just can't go home without a souvenir, even if they are a little too old to be toy shopping for themselves.

4. You refuse to miss Wishes and the Electrical Parade.

Once again, not knowing what Wishes is is a warning that you are not obsessed with Disney. Wishes is only the best fireworks show to EVER exist. I cannot even put into words what Wishes is, but the one word I can use to describe it is magical. The Electrical Parade is also a classic at Disney, and a trip to Magic Kingdom without it is incomplete. If you're as much of a Disney geek as me, you will refuse to leave Magic Kingdom before you see Wishes and the Electrical Parade, and you also probably have all of the background music memorized.

5. You get an energy rush when you walk into Magic Kingdom for the first time on your trip.

When a Disney geek walks into the most magical place on earth, there are lots of emotions. When walking down Main Street USA, tourists are bombarded with characters, mini gift shops, music, balloons, the scent of waffles cones and ice cream everywhere and most of all the breathtaking sight of the castle. If you're not feeling on top of the world when you enter into that place, then you are not obsessed with Disney by any stretch.

6. You have Disney movie nights occasionally.

Every Disney geek has to treat themselves to a Disney movie marathon. Fanatics might pour themselves a glass of wine and cuddle up on the couch to watch these so-called "children movies" and they're not picky about which one they watch because they appreciate all of them. When Freeform plays Disney movies, we're in heaven. This is such a good stress reliever for a Disney geek, because it's so relaxing and you don't even have to think about anything else for a little while. It brings you back to the glory days.

7. You have go-to Disney World Snacks.

Whether it's a dole whip, chocolate covered banana, Mickey Rice Krispy treat, Mickey waffle, or the classic Mickey ice cream bar, Disney geeks have favorite Disney snacks and a trip without getting them would just never happen.

8.You have to see every new Disney movie in theaters.

When Finding Dory came out, this movie trip was a ritual of childhood dreams coming true. Just like with this movie, Disney Geeks need to go see new Disney movie as quickly as they can because they just can't contain their excitement.

9. You compare yourself to Disney characters.

All Disney geeks have that one Disney princess in mind that they see themselves in, or that they literally want to be. There's a good chance that they dressed up as them for Halloween as a child, and even wore the costume during their family trip to Disney world. There's also a good chance they will dress up as this character for Halloween again as an adult.

10. You would rather go on vacation to Disney than anywhere else.

If your'e this far into the list, and you related to everything, we have established that you are obsessed with Disney. Disney trips are the best trips: they are not limited to just the parks (although it would be okay if they were), but you can do anything there. With so many hotels, pools, restaurants and bars, the options are endless. If you're a true Disney geek, every time you travel on an airplane a small piece of you wishes you were going to Disney. 21st birthday? Drinks around the world in Epcot. Wedding anniversary/honeymoon? Disney trip or cruise. Sweet 16? Bring all the friends to Disney. Halloween and Christmas at Disney World are also amazing ways to celebrate. Disney World is the absolute best place to be for any occasion.