10 Ways To Take A Much Needed Break

10 Ways To Take A Much Needed Break

Remove yourself from your hectic situation and reinvigorate your mind.

1817
10 Ways To Take A Much Needed Break
Kinsey Mhire

We have all had terribly taxing days where our thoughts and feelings threaten to overwhelm us. To avoid being pushed over the edge, provide yourself with a respite from your stressful life. Whether you have a few minutes or a few days, take a break. Your mind, body, and soul will thank you. Here are 10 things you can do to remove yourself from your hectic situation and reinvigorate your mind.

1. Go Outside

Clear your mind by getting some fresh air. Take a stroll for a few minutes, hike for a few hours, or go backpacking for the weekend.

2. Read

Grab your favorite warm beverage, kick back, and enjoy the lovely distractions that books bring.

3. Write

Find a cozy atmosphere and pour your troublesome thoughts onto paper. You will be surprised how much better you feel! Don't feel like dwelling on your personal problems? Give creative writing a try.

4. Create

Making something with your hands is incredibly liberating. Take the time to paint or draw. Knit or construct something out of wood. Your possibilities are endless so let your imagination and creativity run wild!

5. Meditate

Meditation is a marvelous method of relaxation. Sit in a place where you will not be disturbed and either think deeply or focus your thoughts. Some people focus on their breathing while others repeat mantras. You can meditate in silence or with the accompaniment of sounds or guides. Everyone has different preferences, so do your research and see what works best for you.

6. Exercise

Any form of exercise allows your body to release endorphins, which helps relieve stress and boosts your mood. Take the time to go for a run, do a session of yoga, or workout at the gym or at home. A lovely side-effect is getting in shape.

7. Play A Game

Put all of your mental power into playing a game with someone. The more strategy and brainpower the game requires, the less your mind will wander.

8. Take A Hot Bath

Let your worries melt away and relax your muscles with a hot bath. Take your relaxation up a notch by adding your favorite natural bath products, turning the lights off and lighting some candles, and listening to music.

9. Cook

Working with your hands, along with focusing on the ingredients and measurements of your recipe, will provide you with a tasty treat and a distraction from your problems.

10. Talk It Out

One of the best ways to expel pent up feelings and emotions is to simply share the details with someone you trust. For some, it may be hard to open up and become vulnerable, but speaking with someone who understands you and loves you will make you feel a million times better.