10 Things You Know Yo Be True When Your Team Is Your Family

There is nothing better

12
Hayley Cooper

1) You can count on each other no matter what.

If it directly involves the sport or not, you can always count on one another. Whether it is helping each other with homework, making sure everyone packed all of their equipment for the game (because there is always that one person who isn't prepared), letting your teammate vent to you about the littlest thing that just set them off that day, or even making a special trip to the grocery store because someone waited eight o'clock to realize that they needed food.

2) You have arguments, like all families do.

No family is perfect, there will always be those stupid little arguments over almost nothing, but the good thing about these arguments is that they're easy to get over. But even if you have a more intense argument, you can never stay mad at each other for more than a couple days because you realize without them, the pool of people you actually trust and want to be around is now nearly nonexistent.

3) Practice doesn't seem like practice anymore.

When playing on a team where people don't get along, practice can be the most dreaded part of the day, but when your team is your family practice is what you look forward to the most. No longer does practice feel boring and tedious, but instead practice is where you get to escape from the real world for a second to just relax and have some fun with your best friends.

4) Even outside of sports they're still some of your best friends.

Even when you're already together for multiple hours a day at practice you still keep in touch all throughout the day. Whether it is eating lunch together, walking to class together, snap chatting/ texting each other, or just hanging out. Your team becomes some of the best friends you've ever had.

5) There is never a dull moment when you're all together.

As every person who has been on a team that is more like a family before knows that there is NEVER a dull moment and there is ALWAYS more memories to be made. There is always those one or two people on the team that you just can not take anywhere, and when you do make the mistake of taking them places they will constantly show you reminders of why they should just be left at home.

6) You're always pushing each other to get better.

Both on and off the field you are always pushing each other to become the best possible person and athlete that you can be. That means late night study sessions, putting in extra hours in the gym to make sure you have everything perfectly figured out, pushing each other to give back to the community, and so much more!

7) The sport you're playing has now become just that much better.

You have always had a love for the sport you're playing, but now that you have a team of your best friends standing with you and supporting you, your love for that sport has now turned into a passion.

8) Road trips and team dinners are where the best memories are made.

Team bonding activities are where a majority of your memories come from. You will remember the times you played headbands and cards against humanity, you'll remember the time when your teammate had a little to much sugar and went crazy for the whole bus ride, and you'll remember how funny it was when someone just fell out of no where far longer than you'll remember when you beat some team by fifteen points.

9) There is no such thing as privacy.

On a team like this, there is no such thing as privacy. They're the first people you talk to about your private life, everyone knows everything about everyone, and thats just how you like it.

10) You love each other just as much as you love your family.

Through all of the arguments and irritating moments, you love the members of your team no matter what.