Well, we've come to the week that everybody loves: Homecoming. Football, parades, events all around campus. Different universities have different traditions, and some things only make sense if you go to a certain school. For Oklahoma State, Homecoming is an incredible week that brings together the whole campus, the city, and people from all around the state. Some things only make sense if you've ever been to Homecoming at Oklahoma State.

1. The Fountain

The first day of homecoming begins when the fountain in front of the library is dyed orange. People gather around and watch as homecoming royalty pour the dye into the fountain to kick off the week of festivities.

2. Football Frenzy

Teams from Greek life come together and compete against one another in football games, to eventually play for the championship at Boone Pickens Stadium.

3. The Walk

For weeks, members of the sororities and fraternities spend many hours and many late nights preparing some of the most elaborate house decorations in the country. All of their hard work is showcased the night before the game, which brings in thousands of people from across the state. When someone thinks of Oklahoma State's Homecoming, they definitely think about the Walkaround.

4. Homecoming and Hoops

After the Walkaround, OSU holds a spirit rally in Gallagher-Iba Arena to prepare students for the upcoming basketball season.

5. Sign Competition

Different organizations, Greek houses, and residential halls come up with designs unique to the Homecoming theme each year to display proudly on Library Lawn all week.

6. Harvest Carnival

While most events that go on during Homecoming week are for students, the Harvest Carnival is just for the kids. It's put on each year by students, with different games for the little ones to enjoy and win prizes.

7. Hester Street Painting

Before every home game, the football team and coaches take a walk along Hester Street into BPS. For Homecoming, students, families, and alumni come together to write encouraging messages for the team to see as they walk into the stadium before the game.

8. Sea of Orange

The Sea of Orange Parade is one of Stillwater's favorite celebrations. Just like with the Walk, thousands of people gather to see different student organizations come together to show off their hard work. The morning of the football game is spent with people lining the streets of Stillwater in anticipation for the game later in the day.

9. Stillwater Strong

One year ago, Stillwater was shaken by a terrible tragedy that was heard around the country. Though it is not part of our Homecoming celebration, it will never be forgotten as we begin to celebrate our school.

10. America's Greatest Homecoming Celebration

Oklahoma State boasts the title of having the best Homecoming celebration in the nation. From the Walk to the parade, nothing brings the University together like Homecoming. So much effort is put into making Homecoming better than the last year, and the students who spend hours perfecting everything deserve all of the credit.