20 Thoughts Oklahoma State Fans Had During Football Frenzy

Frenzy is not just a game. (Well, it is, but we don't take it lightly.)

33

The annual Football Frenzy tournament at Oklahoma State is a BIG deal. An entire weekend is spent attending games and cheering on your team as loud as your vocal chords allow, all the while your face is covered in paint and you're dressed completely in one solid color. And despite your team's success, there's a good chance you had all of these thoughts during this past weekend.

1. "Wow, this face paint is itchy."

But very, very worth it.

2. "What even is the score?"

Really, I will buy a whiteboard and markers so we can actually follow the game.

3. "Why is this a theme for a football game?"

No one knows, but it's fine.

4. "Those poor freshman boys."

They're always the ones getting stuck with being painted up and going shirtless to games, no matter the temperature. You can literally see the paint peeling off their backs. Isn't that uncomfortable?

5. "Isn't that flag heavy?"

How is it possible to run that big of a flag across the field in the Oklahoma wind? Yep, freshman boys, you got it.

6. "Where is the white line?"

After the first game, you really can't see the white line you're supposed to stay behind. I apologize for all the sideline checks, exec.

7. "If we don't win spirit..."

Honestly, every team goes all out. If you don't wonder how you couldn't win spirit, you're not doing frenzy right.

8. "How many times are we going to do this chant?"

The cheers can't ever stop, and there's only so many to do. The amount of times one cheer is done during one 45 minute game is probably close to 100. "We ready..."

9. "Yep, my voice is gonna be gone."

You can feel your throat getting scratchy from all the cheers and the occasional voice cracks are just some insight into what your voice will sound like two games from now.

10. "I don't even dress up this much for date parties."

Themes are a big deal for frenzy, and you probably put more effort into them than you do for date parties. But that's the expectation.

11. "Yes. We are definitely driving."

The walk to the intramural fields from Greek row was way too long. You probably walked to only one game.

12. "We can be friends again once the game is over."

You have friends in plenty of different houses, but when it's game time, you're not friends.

13. "WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, YES WE DO, WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, HOW 'BOUT YOU?"

There was never a winner to this game, either.

14. "Yeah, our sign is better than yours."

You spent hours helping make a sign that won't be used ever again in two days, but it's definitely worth it.

15. "I better be able to take a nap before our next game."

There were numerous, numerous, numerous games a day and you just hoped that they would be at least two hours apart.

16. "This tulle was definitely not worth it."

It's a big event, so of course we buy tulle. But really, it's just itchy and keeps falling out.

17. "I cannot see a thing."

There should definitely be bleachers. Having over 200 people on the sidelines made it definitely super difficult to see anything that was happening during the game.

18. "Don't pull his pants down!"

You probably saw a lot of players' pants be almost pulled down while people grabbed at their flags. Let's keep it PG, people.

19. "It is way too early."

The tournament is actually so big that you're up at 9 AM and wondering all the while why you still love frenzy so much.

20. "I sure do love Homecoming."

Most of the time we're wondering why we do it, but in the end, we love it. Congrats to FarmHouse - Kappa Delta!