6 Things All College Sports Fans Experience

College sports are an emotional rollercoaster.

160
Housely

Many people, including myself, happen to believe that college sports are more entertaining and engaging than professional sports. Nowhere else in the world can you find as big of a college sports market than within the United States. Each year millions of people watch the NCAA Division I Playoffs, especially for sports like basketball and football. College sports aren't just widely watched and followed, but they also carry with them a loyal and rambunctious fan base. From wearing face paint all over their bodies to chanting creative lines and phrases, these fans provide the backbone for college sports across the country. While some schools are lucky enough to have teams that never lose, most schools across the country have up years and down years, leading to a rollercoaster of emotions from the fans. Below are some of the emotions we experience on this sports rollercoaster that we are far too familiar with:

1. Optimistic

Although this sign comes from a fan of a Major League Baseball team, I think we can all relate to that feeling we have at the beginning of the season when we think our team is going to go all the way... even when we know they aren't.

2. Excited

When the first home game rolls around, one can't help but get excited. Cheering on your team with as much energy as you can is one of the best feelings for college sports fans across the country.

3. Nervous

For some reason, the score always ends up being close at the end of the game. Sweaty palms and chipped nails aren't at all uncommon, especially when it comes down to the final possession.

4. Frustrated

When your basketball team is up 14 points with 3:00 minutes left and then end up blowing the lead and losing by 5. Yeah... as you can tell it's happened before. Don't worry if you're frustrated, it happens to all of us.

5. Emotional

This is by far the worst reaction one can have at a basketball game, especially when the camera is on you. The sad part is though, sometimes these types of reactions are warranted when your team is down 14 in the third round of the NCAA Tournament.

6. Victorious

The sweet smell and taste of victory is what all people hope for, whether you are a player or a member of the pep band. After all of your hard work, nervous feelings and emotional ups and downs, the moment you win a championship will be implanted in your mind forever.