10 Reasons Why I Love Spring

10 Reasons Why I Love Spring

Spring has sprung!
8075

Every year I excitedly look forward to March 21. Why, you ask? It is the first day of spring! Although all of the seasons have their perks, spring is obviously the best and here’s why.

1. Everything is in bloom

It’s the time of year when nature starts to shake off the holds of winter. Trees, bushes and flowers all start to bud. Beauty abounds and we are here to take it all in (even if you just post a picture on Instagram)!

2. The weather becomes warmer

Goodbye below-freezing temperatures and hello, 70-degree weather! The sun is shining, but it is not nearly as hot as summer yet. The weather is just right and we should enjoy it.

3. All of the wildlife

Birds are chirping all around and hibernating animals are waking up from their slumbers. Wildlife abounds and is enjoyable to see.

4. Spring lifts your attitude

When the sun is shining and the weather is warm, it is nearly impossible to be in a bad mood. I constantly have a smile on my face taking in the onset of spring. It is no coincidence that the first day of spring is also the International Day of Happiness.

5. Baseball season starts

As basketball and hockey seasons come to a close, it is time to get out our caps and head to the ball fields! Baseball season is the best season because of outdoor afternoon games, sunshine, hot dogs, and cheering on your favorite team (Go Dodgers)!

6. Spring break

OK, who doesn't love spring break? It gives you a much needed break in the middle of the semester and an escape from any lingering winter weather that your school may be experiencing. Beaches, sunshine and relaxation!

7. The school year is almost over

After spring break, the end of the school year is so close you can almost taste it! Spring signals that you just have a month or two to get through and then, summer.

8. Shorts, tank tops and flip-flops

Springtime means it is time to say goodbye to those jeans, heavy sweaters and beanies. Time to break out the shorts, dresses and flip-flops! Your clothing is lighter and so are your spirits!

9. Outdoor activities

Now that it’s not freezing anymore, you can participate in a number of outdoor activities such as hiking, running, biking, going to the beach, and more! So get outside and get your Vitamin D.

10. Spring cleaning

OK, I understand that most people do not like to clean. However, there is something so refreshing and renewing about going through your belongings and deciding what to keep and what to ditch. It’s almost as if you are cleaning your mind and spirit! Additionally, you can get a little boost of happiness from donating the items that you no longer need to keep!

From now until June 20 we are blessed with the wonderful season that we call spring. It will be summer before we know it, temperatures will spike, and it just will not have the same feeling as spring. So while spring is still around, go outside, look around and marvel at the beauties that nature have provided us. Happy spring, everyone!