You Can't Always Get More Time

You Can Always Get More Money, But You Can’t Always Get More Time

I know, I know, so cliche.

5
Brittany Creech

Now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, I'm and have always been, one of those people who is super responsible, and you could even argue that I'm frugal with my money. I'm a planner. I like to save.

So because of that, I often turn down doing certain things or buying certain things. Which is good. Because blowing all of your money all the time isn't good, and it's going to cause a lot of stress and hard times in the future.

But I've also realized that being too frugal and *too* responsible ALSO isn't good. Worrying about saving all the time and counting every penny and never doing things I want to do is sort of pointless. Yeah, I'm saving money, but am I living my life? What's the point?

I'm not saying I, or you, or anyone should just go withdrawal every penny from our bank accounts and go do everything we could ever possibly want to do, don't get me wrong. But I am saying it's okay to go out and do what we really wanna do from time to time. It really is.

For me, this means traveling. Traveling can get super expensive, but I've been allowing myself to spend some money on day trips, and even some bigger trips lately, and it's been amazing.

I love traveling and I think it's good for me and those experiences and memories are going to last a lifetime. I'm not saying I'm gonna go max out my credit card and butch the most expensive flight to Hawaii next week, but I am taking some trips I want to take.

I can always work later and save more money up later. But once I'm no longer in my twenties, I can't go back to my twenties. Once time passes, you can't get it back. This is so so so important to keep in mind. Money returns, time doesn't.

Just like everything else in life, you need to find a good balance.

Have fun, but don't go crazy. Be responsible, but don't let it consume you. Everything is okay in moderation. This could go for just about anything, to be completely honest.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live my life never doing the things I want to do. I can't believe I'm about to say this (throwback to like, 2011) but you only live once. YOLO.