21 Quotes Every 21-Year-Old Girl Needs To Hear

You don't have to have it all together.

8132
QuoteFancy

1. “Beautiful girl, take care of yourself. Nobody else knows what your soul needs.” –Unknown

Everyone needs people, but at the end of the day, you know yourself best. Do what is best for your health and mind, despite what others may have to say about it.

2. “Don’t half-ass anything. Whatever you do, always use your full ass.” -Unknown

Do what you love with all of your heart.

3. “We waste so many days waiting for the weekend. So many nights wanting morning. Our lust for future comfort is the biggest thief of life.” –Joshua Glenn Clark

Live for the moment you’re in. Every second is a precious moment that you’ll never be able to get back.

4. “If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.” –Mo Willems

Be the writer of your own story. It’s your life; make it what you want.

5. “You deserve to take up space in the world.” –Unknown

Your existence is no less valuable than anyone else’s.

6. “Be a good person but don’t waste time to prove it.” -Unknown

Be a good person, even when no one is looking.

7. “If you don’t start appreciating what is right in front of you, you may lose it.” –Unknown

We spend so much time wanting things that we don’t have, when we have so many amazing things right in front of us. Don’t take for granted all that you already have while searching for what you don’t.

8. “The things that we love tell us what we are.” –Thomas Aquinas

Find what you’re most passionate about and do it with all of your heart.

9. “It’s better to cross the line and suffer the consequences than to just stare at that line for the rest of your life.” –Unknown

You miss 100% of the chances you don’t take. You’ll never know what you missed out on if you don’t give it a shot.

10. “When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.” –Dalai Lama

Sometimes just being silent is a beautiful thing. You can learn a lot by listening to other people.

11. “Be a voice, not an echo” –Unknown

Be a leader. Not everyone is always going to agree with your actions, but do them anyways.

12. “Relax. You’ll graduate, you’ll be successful, you’ll become an adult, you’ll find someone who loves you. You have an entire life. Things take time.” –Bryson Tiller

It feels like since being 21 is considered a “real” adult, you should have life all figured out by now. It’s okay if you don’t. If it helps at all, the majority of us don’t.

13. “Don’t wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to enjoy your life.” –Joyce Meyer

There’s always going to be something that you can pick out as wrong in your life, and you will never learn to be happy until you can enjoy the small, positive things.

14. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.” –Helen Keller

Even the hardest moments in life have value because we can learn things about ourselves through them. Look for the good in every situation.

15. “Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.” –Ann Bradford

Don’t believe everything that your brain tries to tell you. Just because you think something about yourself doesn’t mean that it’s true.

16. “You’re allowed to scream. You’re allowed to cry. But don’t give up.” –Unknown

Don’t give up just because things get hard. If your journey is difficult, the end is going to be that much more valuable.

17. “Fall in love with taking care of yourself.” –Unknown

Sometimes life gets busy and it feels more important to put everyone and everything in front of yourself and your own needs. While I don’t believe the saying that you can’t take care of anyone until you take care of yourself, I do believe that you can’t do it as well as you could if you put yourself first.

18. “Two things prevent us from happiness. Living in the past and observing others.” –Unknown

The only thing that we can do with the past is learn something from it. No one is the same or has the same capabilities, and comparing ourselves to others won’t do us any good. Stay on your own path, and never turn back.

19. “Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect.” –Demi Lovato

Society screams so many reasons why we shouldn’t love each other or ourselves. Love is louder.

20. “Sometimes the advice you tell other people is the advice you need to follow.” –Unknown

It’s so easy to help others in tough situations and to think clearly for them when they can’t do it for themselves. The advice you give them applies to you, too. When in a tough situation, imagine what you would tell someone you care about to do.

21. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” –Ronald Dahl

Stay positive and you will attract positivity.