How to not date a serial killer from the show YOU

If Watching Netflix's 'You' Freaked You Out, Here Are 10 Ways To Avoid Falling In Love With A Psychopath

WARNING: Spoilers and plenty of sarcasm to come.

147

So if you are a human being who owns a Netflix account and doesn't live under a rock, you have heard of the show, "You."

The show that terrified all my roommates to never want to date ever again, in fear that the guy might just be a psychopath serial killer. Then this serial killer might just also manipulate your life perfectly to make you fall in love with him. Has this show made you question every rom-com you've ever seen, to think maybe the pursuer is manipulating the person they are going after and then you start to overthink everything you know about love—glad we're all on the same page.

Now, this isn't to scare you from ever wanting to date again, and taking risks when it comes to your love life. You still have to go out of your comfort zone and meet new people, you can't hide away forever and never trust another living soul. Listen to your gut—as cliche as that is—my gut has gotten me out of an abundance of sticky situations. And my gut has also shown me who to trust off the bat. Use those instincts at first, but then really get to know the individual if you are hoping to pursue a relationship further, and hopefully, from there, you will be able to tell if they are a sound individual. But be aware, don't ignore the thoughts of your friends and the signs.

Well without further adieu here are 10 things to look out for so that you don't end up dating a serial killer!

1. If he has a soundproof cage in his work's basement, maybe don't go on a second date

Do I have to expand further on this one?

2. If he turns up everywhere you go, it's not cute, get out

If he runs into you out of town, at an obscure Hemingway festival, it's not coincidence honey. And definitely not a romantic gesture if you didn't tell him where you were going and have been dating a week.

3. LOOK AROUND AT YOUR SURROUNDINGS EVERY NOW AND THEN

Being a single individual living in a big city can be scary, so you just gotta be aware of your surroundings.

4. If he's threatened by your friends, he's a wimp

"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends"

5. If everyone who ever wronged you, slowly start to drop like flies, check in on that

Is there a common denominator?? Is that your boo thang?

6. If he knows the size of your bedroom before he's ever been there, maybe move

I've heard Yemen is nice this time of year?

7. If he's completely off the grid, it may seem refreshing—but also what are you trying to hide, or hide from?

If he's "not a social media guy"—that can be fine. If there is zero trace of this guy ever existing maybe ask him (or the police department who knows the real name), "what's up?"

8. If he never introduces you to his friends, he probably doesn't have any cause all he can focus on is you

And yes girls this is a problem, let Saturdays keep being for the boys, they need that.

9. If his ex-girlfriend disappeared out of thin air after she wronged him, maybe look into that.

It's alright to ask about past relationships, if they have nothing to hide, they will be an open book.

10. Don't leave your frickin blinds open 24/7.

Especially when you're changing, sleeping, getting down to business, etc.