15 Things To Do On A Date If You NEVER Want To See Them Again

Unfortunately, I have dated a lot of people in my lifetime. I have been on a number of awful dates, but thankfully, I have learned what to do and not to do in the process. I have learned a lot about myself during and honestly have as many horror dating stories as I do awesome stories of the best dates I have ever been on.

If you're looking to keep dating the person, whether you've been dating for a while or you are first starting to meet/date each other, don't do these things — unless you never want to see them again:

1. Talk about your ex

If you're still talking about your ex, you clearly are not over them.

2. Be rude to service employees

Make sure the person you're on a date with knows you're polite by saying please and thank you, not overly complaining at restaurants and other businesses and being a great tipper!

3. Expect the person to pay for you during the entire date

If you can't afford the date, then suggest free dates without letting them know you're struggling with money so you don't just expect to have the other person foot the entire bill.

4. Chew with your mouth open

It's important to use your manners, and nobody wants to see the chewed up food in your mouth.

5. Stay on your phone the entire time

It's important that your date feels like they have your full attention!

6. Cry

It's OK to have emotions, but you don't want to be too intense on the first few dates!

7. Have an attitude

It's better to at least appear easygoing and like you are easy to get along with on the first few dates. You don't want to seem like a handful.

8. Be negative

It's important to be positive and happy during a date, and if you are constantly complaining people will think you constantly have a dark cloud over your head.

9. Tell them you are not looking for anything serious

Why are you even on a date if you are going to waste the other person's time by not being committed or looking to wife/husband the other person up?

10. Be drunk or high

It's important to be sober so you can fully be present during your date, and being under the influence is not a good look if you want another date.

11. Be misogynist, sexist, homophobic, or racist

Nobody enjoys ignorance, especially if you are starting to get to know someone.

12. Look like you just rolled out of bed

If you at least don't try to put on a nice outfit or brush your hair, it'll look like you don't care

13. Have your card get declined

If your card gets declined and you're on a date, I assume you don't regularly check your bank account and don't have your life together.

14. Insult the person you are on a date with

Unfortunately, I've been on dates where men have told me that the graduate school I went to wasn't even a real school?!?

15. Lie

This is especially true for those who are not good liars, most people can tell easily when other people are lying.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.