The Best Pick Up Lines Used In Middle School

13 Pick-Up Lines That Used To Make Middle School Girls' Hearts Go Knock Knock

"Rawr XD"

18196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHVhwcOg6y8
Justin Bieber | YouTube

Middle school was a time of not only finding yourself but also finding love for the first time. Just talking to a boy at your locker after class was enough to give you butterflies that would last the rest of the night as you ate dinner with you parents desperately trying to not show that you were totally in love.

From full cans of Axe body spray, mimicking JB's classic swoop hairstyle, and a head-to-toe Hollister outfit, middle school boys tried everything in their power to win over our hearts.

But how did these boys so ultimately capture our hearts and give us that weird nauseous feeling that we all craved so badly?

Their terrible but somehow charming classic middle school pick up lines.

"143"

Because sometimes just saying "I love you" was far too complicated and needed to be shortened.

"Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?"

This was the most polite and flirtatious way to say "we're going to date whether you like it or not." And somehow, it worked just about every time.

"Rawr means 'I love you' in dinosaur."

Not only is just saying "I love you" easier, this is just really weird.

"I would only change one thing about you... your last name."

Not going to lie, this one still melts my heart. Just wow. 13-year-old me was dying to have someone say this to me.

"Life without you would be like a broken pencil. Pointless."

... I know we were only 13 but was this really the best those boys could come up with?

"If I could rearrange the alphabet I would put 'u' and 'i' together."

Didn't we all make this our Facebook status at one point?

"Roses are red, violets are blue. Lava is hot and so are you."

I remember a boy using this one to another girl in my class while we were learning about lava in Earth Science class. So well played.

"I lost my number. Can I have yours?"

Why did this one literally work every. single. time????

"If you were a booger I'd pick you first."

This has always been gross, even in middle school, but at least back then boogers were still funny.

"I think you've stolen something of mine. My heart."

Imagine getting a text like this on your Razor cell phone... instantly boyfriend material.

"Do you have a phone in your back pocket? That booty is calling me."

Honestly, middle school boys should NEVER have been saying this to anyone, but I'l admit that it was clever and pretty funny. It would have gotten me interested, too.

"I dropped something... my jaw."

No offense... but just pick it up and stop trying, please.

"Let's commit the perfect crime. I'll steal your heart and you'll steal mine."

This is straight out of my Facebook messages with my first ever middle school boyfriend. And it's exactly how he captured my heart.

Do any of these still work today? Only one way to find out...