Worst Six Months Of Her Life

Worst Six Months Of Her Life

Six months in six minutes.

108
Worst Six Months Of Her Life
highshare.com

The Greyhound bus is not a prime spot to reveal your deepest secrets to someone. But for her it was. I am about to tell you a story that was told to me.

It’s been six months. Six months since she first decided to actually initiate a real conversation with him. She never wanted him. Ever. He wasn’t even her type. Until he decided to pursue her. She had seen him and not thought of him as anything special. He was pretty basic, her words not mine.

She met him one fall semester in college. He made her feel desirable and wanted. He awakened sexual feelings in her that she didn’t know existed. From the first time they met, he told her that she was beautiful and he could see them as more than just having a casual fling. He made her feel like she was worth something. Just the sound of her name coming off of his lips would send ripples through her body. She really fell for him. Hard. And he didn’t care.

Let me rewind a bit back to the beginning. She went to school in a small college town that didn’t offer many options for night life. The whole university went to the same three bars. At these bars, the owners would hire DJ’s that played techno and throwback hits. It all started with a dance. She didn’t even notice him. He tapped her hand with a butterfly lightness, as his invitation for her to dance with him rolled off of his lips.

He had asked her to dance countless times before but she would always decline. But tonight, something was different. She looked into his eyes and believed she saw the tiniest bit of nervousness that reflected her own. So she said yes. They danced for a while. She felt like she was in a movie. At the moment she didn’t care who saw her, or what they thought, all she cared about was matching the rhythm of her hip to his.

When the bar closed and everyone was milling around the street, not quite ready for the night to end, they talked. He told her how he always saw her around and that he liked her last year, but she didn’t want to give him the time of day. She vaguely remembered seeing him at a few frat parties. She was speechless; didn’t know what to say.

She wasn’t used to people actually liking her. She was used to people actively pursuing her friends. But not her. Her friends were on their way to another party so she said goodbye and went with them. When she arrived at the party she saw him again. This time, he approached her while she was with her friends so she was more nervous and on edge.

They exchanged Snapchat information and engaged in small talk. He noticed her discomfort and removed himself from the situation. Next time she saw him, some girl was sitting on his lap and they ended up leaving together. She was hurt. She knew that she shouldn’t be, after just a dance and small talk. But she was. When she saw them leave together she felt a tightening in her chest. She didn’t know why he wasn’t even her type. He didn’t belong to her. He was just a random college guy.

A few weeks after that, they started messaging each other back and forth on Snapchat. They had a 20-day Snapchat streak going. Their conversations would start off pretty innocent and would end with him trying to convince her to come to his room. But, unbeknownst to him, she was a virgin. One time, she agreed and said she would be over later that night.

Instead of going into his dorm room, she found herself pacing outside the perimeter of the building on the brink of an anxiety attack. She went to her friend’s room that was nearby and avoided the situation entirely. He texted her repeatedly but she didn’t respond. She was nervous. And afraid.

At around 2 a.m. she texted him saying she was swamped with homework. To which he replied with an annoyed emoji saying, “I really stayed up late waiting for nothing.” As an athlete, he had six a.m. workouts. She felt bad. So she spent the remainder of the week trying to figure out what to do. She liked him but she wasn’t sure if he felt the same about her or if he only wanted her for sex.

Their conversations fizzled out for a bit. She then asked him if he was still mad about her not coming. He said no but that she “owed him.” That weekend was Halloween and there was a Halloween party downtown. Everyone was going. So she decided that later that night she would go over to his room. To do what? She didn’t know. All that she knew was that she genuinely liked him and wanted to see where this thing was going.

They danced together the whole night and he even held her hand when they weren’t dancing. At the end of the night, she told him she would meet him in his room after she finished dropping everyone off at their homes. It took a while but she finally made it. He told her that he didn’t think she would come.

He offered her clothes to change into and said he could shield his eyes if she wanted him to. She told him that wasn’t necessary and changed into his oversize T-shirt and sweats while he devoured her with his eyes. She liked it. As they snuggled in his bed, he had on some cartoon and finally made his move. Things escalated and she realized she didn’t want to have sex with him.

So she told him she was tired and that he should wake her up later to continue. He reluctantly agreed after a few more failed attempts at trying to continue. She waited for him to fall asleep and right when she thought she could make her escape his roommate got back so she pretended to be asleep.

It wasn’t until 6:30 a.m., when she heard two atrocious snores, that she knew it was her time to escape. She put back on her Halloween costume and left. After that, they hung out a few more times and she kept stopping things before the truth of her innocence came out. Until, one day, she could not avoid saying the truth. So, she told him.

“Are you serious?” he said. The mood was ruined and he ended up leaving. At that moment, she decided she would just leave him alone. Cease all communication with him. That lasted about two days, until he texted her asking how she was doing since he hadn’t heard from her.

It was sweet of him and, instantly, all her feelings for him rushed back. Later that week, after a trip to the bars, he walked her back to her dorm. He came in and promised to just sleep. He laid in her bed while she was brushing her teeth. He got up and stood behind her at the mirror and pulled her close and lifted her head to face their reflection and said, “I could get used to this. We look so good together.”

Later that night, she gave him her virginity. She didn’t regret it. She said it was a perfect first time. She even fell asleep in his arms. During the next few months, they would spend their weekend nights together. One time at the bar she saw him dancing with another girl. She didn’t mind at first. But every 10 minutes or so she would look back and see that they were still dancing. They danced together the entire night. After that, he came up to her in the parking lot and said to her, “So are you going to take care of me tonight?” As if she hadn’t seen him dancing all over that other girl minutes earlier. She used her age old excuse that she had a lot of homework.

Later that night, he kept begging her to come over and she reluctantly agreed. Her goal was to go over to his room and tell him why what he did was not okay. The more she tried to talk to him the faster he got her clothes off until she realized the conversation was going nowhere. After their "workout" he told her she shouldn’t get jealous because she was the only virgin he’d ever been with and she was "special" to him.

After all, she was the only one he would risk wearing no condom with. (Sidebar: So, basically she was so special that he would risk giving her an STD and/or possibly getting her pregnant). He kept bringing up the fact that they weren’t in a relationship and if she "caught feelings" she needed to let him know. At some point, it all got to be too much for her. His nonchalant demeanor was starting to infuriate her.

This was not the “pillow talk” she was expecting. So, as she was getting dressed to go back to her room (according to him, sleep overs were "breaking the rules;" rules that were never established) she told him that she wanted to end it. “So, you did catch feelings?” She denied it, saying that she hadn’t, but she just thought it would be best to end it before she did indeed "catch feelings." She knew, however, that she had caught feelings from the time she decided to give him a piece of herself that she had been holding on to for so long, her virginity. She left and planned to never go back to him.

But she was weak, as many girls are when it comes to guys. So, she went back for a last time. And again for a last-last time. And again for a very last time. That carried well over into the spring semester. Every time she swore she was over him he would pop back into her life. The very last time is when it all started to click. She went over to his room at 12:00 a.m. and by 12:06 a.m. she was out the door. He lasted six whole minutes. Six minutes. A six-month relationship all culminating in those six minutes. How can you portray yourself as a sex god and only last six minutes? Some ladies man. Six Minutes? Really? A prepubescent boy can last longer than six Minutes.

"False advertisement" would be an understatement. That’s when it really hit home for her. Six months for her was only worth six minutes for him. It took her six minutes to finally realize that he didn’t give a damn about her. The same six minutes it took for her to realize that he was scum. Six minutes for her to finally see that he didn’t deserve her.

All the sweet nothings he would whisper in her ear were all just a plot to get into her pants. He didn’t care for her. He took advantage of her and got what he wanted and tossed her aside. He came out of the situation unscathed. While she had all the emotional bruises. He still went out, flirted with girls, danced on them, and even took some home. Meanwhile, she went out and put up a wall, cautiously flirted with guys, all the while having a wall over her heart. She needed a wall to protect herself.

She saw him everywhere around her small campus and even tried to seek alternate routes to class as to not run into him. Running into him from an outsider’s point of view would just look like two students walking past each other on their way to class. While, in reality, it was one student trying to keep the tears threatening to fall from her eyes at bay as she passed by the one responsible for them.

All throughout this story, I could see a little bit of her in us all. We’ve all had our share of heartbreak and we all never truly do get over it. It leaves us jaded and cynical. She told me that after he hurt her she made it her goal to hurt him back. “I sound like a bitch, I know.” I replied that there’s a little bitty bitch in us all.