Summer workout challenges

4 Workout Challenges That Will Push You This Summer

These are a few exercises to try out if you get bored over break!

35
bojack horseman running
http://www.moody.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000170770/

We've all heard people talk about how they want to work on their 'summer bodies' for the season. While trying to achieve the 'perfect figure' for summer should not be an end goal, summer is a great time to try some new workouts! Whether you are home from school and bored, or you just want to try something different, these are a few 'workout challenges' that you can follow for the rest of the season. I promise, these will make you extremely sore! However, if you stay consistent with whatever workouts you decide to try out, you will feel and look stronger!

1. 100 squats everyday for 1 month

https://vsco.co/maraslosar/media/596167e3ed95eb097ac88517

This is probably one of the hardest challenges to keep up with; but the results were extremely noticeable! I did this challenge this past spring semester. After the first week of continuously squatting, I thought my thighs and my butt were going to fall off my body. If you aren't used to doing a workout like this (which I wasn't), you're really going to be feeling the burn. However, it gets a lot easier. The only thing that is really hard to keep up with is finding time in a busy day to get 100 squats in. I was surprised as to how much time it actually takes to get in all the squats! So, if you have plenty of time this summer, this is the perfect workout to try. After the 30 days, I could really see an improvement in my legs. My thighs had way more definition than before, and I was noticing how my legs would not get as tired when I went on runs.

2. 50 calf raises after a workout

i.vimeocdn.com

Just like the squats, this one will leave you sore if you aren't used to working out this part of your body. Personally, I like doing calf raises after I have worked out my legs or gone for a run. If you keep up with this workout, you are going to see some major toning in your calves. Only 50 raises may not sound like a lot, but it's way more than you're going to want to do. While you feel a nice burn in your lower legs, you're really going to be pushing yourself to do 50 in a row without stopping. This is a nice challenge to try if you're just looking for something different to try out with your routine.

3. Stretching everyday

c1.staticflickr.com

While this is not necessarily considered a 'workout' this is something super easy that anybody could commit to this summer! I think we take stretching for granted; I know I did. Before I started to consistently run, I would never stretch because I felt there was no need for it. However, when I started to get into running and working out, I realized I really needed to stretch in order to perform my best. I am probably the LEAST flexible person you will ever meet. Just last year, I couldn't even bend down and touch my toes! However, after making myself stretch everyday, touching my toes is a breeze. It was crazy to see just how doing some simple stretches everyday actually improved my flexibility.

4. 50 legs raises everyday

upload.wikimedia.org

I might be totally slacking this summer when it comes to this exercise, but it's still one of my favorites! If you're really looking to feel a burn and see a difference, I would really look into consistently doing leg raises. It is extremely difficult to workout the lower abdominal region, and this workout makes sure that it hits all those muscles. If you keep up with this one, you will be amazed with yourself as to how easy this move gets over time.