6 Reasons Why Working In Customer Service Is Actually The Worst
Retail Stores

Customer service employees deserve more, so excuse me while I rant.

847

I got my first job as a hostess when I was 17 and let me tell you, it was the worst. Rude servers who blamed me for their terrible tables and tips, self-centered guests who thought I should give them whatever they want simply because they were a customer and managers who did not care about anything except making sales.

Dealing with guests who are self-absorbed, managers who don't know how to manage and coworkers who take everything way too serious, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about why customer service is undoubtedly the worst.

1. Customers who don't listen to you.

Me: I'm going to read back your order... everything sound good?

Customer: Yeah, whatever

*20 minutes later*

Customer: YOU MESSED UP MY ORDER!

2. When you're out of an item and a regular walks in.

When Todd who has come to this establishment for 12 years doesn't get what he wants... prepare for all hell to break loose.

3. Having to bite your tongue.

I truly think some customers walk in looking for a fade to catch with all the fighting words they use.

4. Opening and closing.

If we open at 7:00 a.m. someone please explain why there's a crowd waiting at 6:58 a.m. and if we close at 4 p.m. why are you walking in at 3:59? Make it make sense!

5. When your RBF gets in the way.

I feel like my RBF makes people want to argue with me but no one is worried about you and your $8 meal, Anne. It's never that deep.

6. "Can I speak to your manager?"

The mother of all. My manager is going to tell you the exact same thing I did, SUSAN. Then we're both going to laugh at you when you walk away.