When I was searching for my first job ever at the ripe young age of 15, I dreamt of working in retail. It seemed like the perfect first job. My retail dreams were delayed, however, as I worked in the infamous fast food industry for a couple of years before landing a job at a popular clothing retailer at 18.

Although I love my job and my coworkers dearly, some days are better than others. However, I have the privilege of being able to say that I've never come home from work crying. Nonetheless, some days make me want to hand in my two weeks and live comfortably until my bank account is empty.

1. When the customer asks, "Did you scan that correctly?"

To be honest with you, I don't know how one would scan an item incorrectly. By scanning it twice? Or not at all? To be fair, there are sometimes discounts and deals a cashier would need to apply that don't show up on the screen until the very end, so a customer will commonly step in in this situation.

Still, don't worry because I did not forget to take the $5 off of your t-shirt, because I had to do it for all 50 of the customers that were in front of you, I promise.

2. Working fitting rooms on a Saturday is the closest you'll get to Hell On Earth.

I'm not sure anything compares to screaming kids, lines out the door, impatient customers waiting for rooms to open up and endless amounts of clothes to rehang. It almost seems never-ending, but just think about the paycheck at the end of it all.

You're probably still upset because working on commission is still extremely rare in retail for some reason.

3. Realizing you have another six hours to work even though it feels like you've been working for 10 already.

When you're three hours into your shift and you check the time to realize that it's only actually been 23 minutes has got to be the worst feeling in the world.

4. When you're asked to stay a few extra hours and you just can't refuse.

Your heart wants to say no but the guilt won't let you. There go your plans to lay in bed watching "Friends" reruns until you have to go back in tomorrow.

5. Realizing chores are easier when you're an expert at folding clothes.

Folding a basket of laundry? No problem, I can do that in my sleep.

6. Doing the same thing every single day is the worst.

Your job consists of three things: cashing people's items out, folding clothes and answering a million (sometimes mind-boggling) questions. Once in awhile, there will be the occasional poop-in-the-fitting-room situation or an angry customer, but it's almost always the same.

7. When you have to explain the return policy for the 53rd time that day.

It's on the receipt, it's on the sign behind us. It's such a simple return policy that when customers complain or ask about it, it becomes a painfully scripted repetition.

8. Coming home after an 8 hour shift is the closest thing you'll get to Heaven On Earth.

Clothes off, Netflix on and try not to think about the fact that you have to do it all over again the next day.