I Am A Writer

I Am A Writer

When I don't quite know how to handle a situation, I write.

14
I Am A Writer

I am a writer. I may not always be good at putting my thoughts into words when I'm having a conversation but I can always put pen to paper. There is something about being able to formulate what you want to say into just the way you want it to be said. I write about sad things, happy things, random things, school, my job, my family, my friends, and my feelings. I write about my life. When I don't quite know how to handle a situation, I write.

I have always been a writer. Granted, my middle school self had less important things to write about such as her 8th grade crush, but at the time I still went to writing to express myself.

As a writer I am also an over-thinker. I replay every thought and potential outcome in my head countless times. This comes with always wanting to be able to say exactly what I want to say and by that I mean writing it on paper or in a note on my phone.

I've written songs, poems, short stories, random blurbs and of course articles; many of which have been posted here. While at first I may not know what I want to say I can always get my thoughts straight as soon as my fingers hit the keyboard.

Writing gives me power. It gives me the power to have my voice be heard. It allows me to care enough to share how I feel with others. It allows me to vent and clear my head and to get my thoughts straight.

I am a writer. Whether it be pen to paper or pen to the always-there napkin, I know that words will always be my passion.