Words: Beautifully Destructive

Words: Beautifully Destructive

"Think before you speak" isn't something that you should forget just because you aren't in kindergarten anymore.

252
Words: Beautifully Destructive

Words, are often stronger than our actions. Words can make us believe things we never thought about ourselves or other people. Words can make you smile. Words can make you cry. They can bring you laughter, they can bring you anger. Sometimes we forget and often times don't even realize the effect of our actions, but more importantly our words.

Think about the most hurtful thing you've ever said to someone else or maybe even to yourself. How did that person feel? How did they react? How did things change? Reflect back on these times and experiences, and learn from them. Words can change the entire environment of a team, group, friendship, relationship, family etc.

With this world that we live in, we don't need any more hate. We don't need to spew more of what we hear every day. There is a time and place for things to be said as well as a way to say the things that are on your mind. We're often too quick to respond because we want to have the last word. We want to feel more important by saying things or stating an opinion just because we like to hear ourselves speak.

We like the idea of having everyone agree with us or telling us we're smart because of something we said. So much so that we don't even realize the ugliness that flows from our tongue. We don't take accountability for the things that we have said if someone does call us out. We act as if we're kidding one too many times. We always make excuses. Nothing but excuses.

Step back, step back from your ego, your own mind, your own world, and think about the effects of some of the things you say. Think about how you would feel if you heard those things, how your mindset would change. This is not to say that we should censor ourselves because I in no way shape or form do this, but observe the types of people you have around you and learn what to say and what to keep to yourself.

Words can hurt even the strongest person you know. Words are a weapon of self-destruction, and whether you experience this self-destruction from someone else or you push onto someone else. Take a page from each and every situation, learn and grow from it. "Words are containers for power. You choose what kind of power they carry." - Joyce Meyer